Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: If you own a LRP, please read this.
Posted by: Dave J.
Date: June 23, 2015 02:23AM
iqwozpoom
My soil goes all over the place with the ocean on one side and redwoods on the other. .

How far are you from the "dwarf forest" area north of San Francisco? Some of the soils in that region look benign to the naked eye but magnetically they're right in there with tropical laterites.

But, how is it for locking..........
Posted by: Hightone
Date: June 23, 2015 08:53AM
.....onto a nickel or metal in the gold range? I made a video a few weeks back that I sent to Jorge showing what I was running into. Lay a nickel and a quarter on the ground. Hit the quarter, slowly moving the coil up. The LRP locks on the quarter until about 8" then the signal travels somewhat. Do the same thing to the nickel and even at 3" I get traveling into iron signals and above nickel ID. I showed detectingMO the video and asked him what he thought. He said his didn't act as bad as mine.

If the NELs provided a lock in the gold range (20-60) as well as my F2, I'd get it in a heartbeat. I love the design, depth and features of the LRP and QDP. But when I go out, silver can't hide, but gold (range) seems iffy and mixed with iron signals.

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

Have owned different Garretts,
Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and MineLab
in the past 12 years.

Re: If you own a LRP, please read this.
Posted by: iqwozpoom
Date: June 23, 2015 08:44PM
I had to look up "dwarf forest" to see what you meant, pretty cool looking! I'm a bit further up by the Mad River in humboldt.
Sorry to say the nel doesn't improve the low conductor range. In fact the drop off for me doesn't seem interdependent of the coil size. A little more depth with the bigger coil but the same distance till a nickle starts to bounce. As I stated before it seems to be at the range the vco begins its second crest about 5 to 6 inches then it goes to 41 on the vid then all over the place. If you listen you can learn the soud of a nickle at depth by volume and tone mix but you're not going get a good solid lock like the higher conductors.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login