Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
LRP on the salt beach. Will it / Can it ground balance there?
Posted by: tony (Orlando, FL)
Date: April 23, 2015 04:26PM
Considering a LRP and will probably have more questions, for now though, anyone been able to try the LRP on a salt beach? How was its performance?

Thanks
Tony

Re: LRP on the salt beach. Will it / Can it ground balance there?
Posted by: Hightone
Date: April 24, 2015 07:41AM
It should ground balance to salt. Manual ground balancing is done in the AM mode, but once done is carried into disc modes 2,3 and 4. The way it's manually set is using the conductivity arc that has 43 segments. When you choose "Ground Balance" that is an option only in the AM mode, the conductivity arc has one of the 43 segments dark black (current GB which default is 82) and a darker grey one lit over the light grey arc. If the dark grey segment is way lower, like segment 4, and the black segment is almost to the far right of the arc, you just hold the "-" button, moving the black till it's over the dark grey.

I believe Ground Grab can only go as low as 40. But manual can go to 0, which should be enough to hit salt soaked sand.

Maybe JAntonS will read this and chime in if I'm wrong. I haven't been to the beach lately (and miss it since I grew up in Ft Lauderdale), but would like to know as well.

Dan

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

Have owned different Garretts,
Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and MineLab
in the past 12 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login