Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Learning to understand when the LRP speaks
Posted by: Hightone
Date: May 18, 2015 11:29AM
Learning it's language. Went out today and had a better experience. It does take a little time. But once enough time is spent, it starts to produce. I can just about spot a pull tab every time. Some hit a constant 36 with a 37 in there. Some hit 36 2 out of 5 times with higher and lower hits the other 3. Coins and jewelry doesn't move around as much, especially silver. The LRP doesn't hit hard on iron like some detectors, but moves to the opposite side and hits silver hard. Perfect for coins/jewelry and not as much for relics.

I've found that 9 is a perfect sensitivity setting. I hunt in mode 4, nothing disced. The more I use the LRP, the more I'm getting used to it and liking it.

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

Have owned different Garretts,
Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and MineLab
in the past 12 years.

Re: Learning to understand when the LRP speaks
Posted by: Bucksport
Date: May 18, 2015 03:54PM
Thanks for the update. Now If I could manage some time to get out and hunt....

"Swing the coil east to west, then north to south, rinse, reverse, repeat"

White's Classic III SL
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Eurotek Pro w/8" coil
2 X BH Tracker IV, one with 4" and other with 8" coil
Vibra probe, HF PP

Posted by: taterbill
Date: May 19, 2015 09:15AM
Yes....good news ! Were you using the 11 dd "stock" coil, or the 10" from the QDP ?
Has anyone tried the 8" concentric on the LRP? Is it still weak on nickels/gold ? Thanks.

Land Ranger Pro
Whites MXT All Pro
Whites mx5
Fisher F75 85th Anniv Edition
sold....Titan 3000XD (Discovery 3300)
HarborFreight 9 function,
Teknetics Gamma, Omega 8500,
Whites MXT, Whites SST

Posted by: Hightone
Date: May 19, 2015 10:04AM
I used the stock 11" DD.

The good is that I can see how it IDs tabs. It does hit a hard 36-37 for tabs when they are no deeper than 3". If they are deeper, it hits 36-37 along with high and lower hits as you move around the target. I purposely dug these signals and they were tabs every time.

The bad is, I have yet to find a nickel or gold. But I feel when I do, it will not follow the pattern listed above. My dirt is very dry/hard right now. I had a couple of 6" signal I let go yesterday which would have been easier with my Samson shovel and I didn't have it with me.

There is no denying silver with this machine. And since the gold range is where most of the trash shows up, I'm thinking it takes a little more to understand the IDs.

The power is there. The swinging is nice and light. The signals are extremely fast. At sense 9 it is quiet with no false signals. If it beeps, somethings there. I shouldn't ask for more, but if I can learn the gold range speak, it's a perfect detector for me.

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

Have owned different Garretts,
Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and MineLab
in the past 12 years.

Posted by: BH505Man
Date: June 19, 2015 03:00PM
Gold is the hardest to find. Because in order to find it, you need to dig everything that sounds out from iron to nickels (in otherwords all of the trash signals).

Walt

Walt from Washington State
US Air Force TSgt, Retired
Served 1972 - 1994

Pioneer 505, Legacy 3500, 4", 8", 10" & 11"DD coils, Cen Tech pinpointer, Lesche digging knife, homemade 3" diameter plug popper

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login