Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Newbie Finds First Quarter!
Posted by: Harborchick14
Date: July 13, 2015 02:44PM
Yay! I found my first non-penny coin. I read the today's finds forum and saw all the finds near the baseball diamond, so I headed to the park this morning. I saw the plastic ring from a water bottle and the cellophane wrapper and straw from a juice box and figured people had been standing there for awhile and swiped. The Tracker IV found the quarter under the leaves of a weed. Minimal digging. The beep had a little "zzz" sound to it like a bug zapper. I will be paying more attention to that sound from now on.

Happy Hunting!

Re: Newbie Finds First Quarter!
Posted by: slingshot
Date: July 16, 2015 08:40AM
Harborchick14
Yay! I found my first non-penny coin. I read the today's finds forum and saw all the finds near the baseball diamond, so I headed to the park this morning. I saw the plastic ring from a water bottle and the cellophane wrapper and straw from a juice box and figured people had been standing there for awhile and swiped. The Tracker IV found the quarter under the leaves of a weed. Minimal digging. The beep had a little "zzz" sound to it like a bug zapper. I will be paying more attention to that sound from now on.

Happy Hunting!
Sounds like you're in tone mode with the discrimination too high. In tone mode, turn it all the way to the left-then take a nickel and keep passing it back and forth under the coil (without wearing any metal jewelry) while rotating the disc control to the right. You will go from a high to mixed to low tone. When you reach a pure low tone you're set! Now the clad will give a high tone, most old-style pulltabs a mixed tone, and nickels a low tone. An effective notch system. Just remember that some rings fall in the tab mixed tone.

Posted by: tony (Orlando, FL)
Date: July 23, 2015 05:17PM
Congrats! There is no stopping you now.

Posted by: opus
Date: May 16, 2016 01:38PM
Good on Ya
Now your hooked! Wait till you find your first gold ring! I can remember my first quarte,r 1974, those were the days.

Posted by: coindawg
Date: August 07, 2016 07:45PM
No stopping you now. This was my Dad's favorite and once you get used to hearing your targets and trusting your detector, you'll be a terror. Don't set your discrimination to high in tot lots, just above iron and dig everything. Sure you'll hit a lot of tabs, but you never know, that gold ring is there waiting for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login