Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Lrp f5 coil
Posted by: farmer85j
Date: July 06, 2016 01:58PM
Went out for about 20 minutes behind my house under the old clothes line. I have hunted there several times before but got lucky this time i found a silver dime. I used my land ranger pro with the f5 5" coil

Re: Lrp f5 coil
Posted by: Hightone
Date: July 06, 2016 02:26PM
Another small coil is the Ultra 4 (4") a concentric coil available direct from FT for $40.

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APrH-2Vv6rI

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

Have owned different Garretts,
Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and MineLab
in the past 12 years.

Posted by: Dave J.
Date: July 06, 2016 07:44PM
The 4 incher is not electrically compatible with the "Fratbros" and related machines including LR Pro and F5.

Posted by: taterbill
Date: July 07, 2016 08:27AM
If that's true, why does First Texas include the "Ultra 4" coil with the Cabelas "TreasureTek Elite" detector ?
I bought the Ultra 4 coil for my LRP from FT, & it works great!
taterbill.

Posted by: Hightone
Date: July 07, 2016 12:03PM
Dave is probably thinking the 4" for the 6.6khz units. Since the Ultra 4 is sold with the Tek Delta clone Cabela's offers, it seems to act differently (and better) on BH Pro's with plug in coil receptacles utilizing the 7.69 khz or 7.8 khz Fratbros machines. The two coils share the same casing, but they appear to be electronically different. I may be wrong, though.

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

Have owned different Garretts,
Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and MineLab
in the past 12 years.

Posted by: Dave J.
Date: July 07, 2016 04:53PM
If there's a private label delta clone with its own 4 inch searchcoil, Hightone's right, that would be electrically compatible with the Fratbros platform, the issue (if any) would be the connector. Sorry, I didn't know about this one.

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: August 19, 2016 02:09PM
I'm going to get me one of these. Thanks for the ref video and information.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login