Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Review Demonstration and How To Operate
Posted by: GKL
Date: August 03, 2016 06:11PM
For anyone checking this group forum for info specific to the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV here is a youtube video I found online that someone made showing the basics -

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Review Demonstration and How To Operate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ojpIZ0MI4

I am relatively new to metal detecting and had recently got a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and watched that video before I first tried it out.

Re: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Review Demonstration and How To Operate
Posted by: slingshot
Date: August 04, 2016 02:18PM
There's a tip they ALL leave out! Place a nickel in a metal free spot. In tone mode, with the disc control turned left to minimum, begin sweeping the nickel while rotating the disc control clockwise. The tone will go from high to mix to low tone grunt. When it first gives a solid low tone grunt-STOP! You are perfectly set! How? Nickels give the low tone grunt, PULLTABS (and some gold rings) give a mixed tone, and clad give a high tone. So if in an area plagued with tabs, you have notch tone id to help ID. The only tabs that give problems are the statabs that register in the nickel area on all machines. In low trash areas, I usually dug most tab signals hoping for a gold ring-but in a trash overload situation, you now have help. Here's a lesser known fact: the Tracker has a "high tone propensity" in pulltab areas. If there's a dime beneath a tab, or even a nickel, you will get a high tone. I once found a quarter UNDER 4 nickels and the high tone came first! Mine was stolen a few months ago-it was my sixth tracker! I end up going back to them because it just rocks for the price.

Date: August 04, 2016 02:27PM
Thanks, I'm saving that info to study again before the next time I detect.

I case you were not already aware I found out you can get a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV from "Hobby Lobby" for about $70 if you use the 40% off coupon available from their web site.

(I had already bought mine elsewhere for about $87 before I realized that, but still am satisfied with the deal I got)

Posted by: slingshot
Date: August 04, 2016 02:49PM
GKL

I case you were not already aware I found out you can get a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV from "Hobby Lobby" for about $70 if you use the 40% off coupon available from their web site.

(I had already bought mine elsewhere for about $87 before I realized that, but still am satisfied with the deal I got)
Thanks. Heck, I was happy with $100! What other mfg. compares?

Date: August 04, 2016 03:03PM
no problem, I don't know if posting commercial web sites for places like Hobby Lobby is allowed (probably not) but using a search engine it's easy to find.

you can print the 40% off coupon to use in person in the store and save shipping costs, but if one is not close enough you can have the coupon apply to an online order instead,

added note: meant to quote who I was replying to so it would be in context, but did not see how to delete this post, so I just redid the post as a quote, sorry for the duplicte post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2016 03:08PM by GKL.

Date: August 04, 2016 03:05PM
slingshot
GKL

Thanks. Heck, I was happy with $100! What other mfg. compares?

no problem, I don't know if posting commercial web sites for places like Hobby Lobby is allowed (probably not) but using a search engine it's easy to find.

you can print the 40% off coupon to use in person in the store and save shipping costs, but if one is not close enough you can have the coupon apply to an online order instead,

Posted by: TXPIRATE
Date: October 06, 2016 02:22PM
Under a $100 bucks is hard to beat. Also the 4" coil is well worth it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login