Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: BH Platinum Ground grab wont work
Posted by: trkdrvr38
Date: May 26, 2017 04:52PM
I went to a spot with no electronics within 70 yards pretty clean field and could not get the ground grab to work as is described in the manual. Could get it to work once by holding the coil at grass level and then pinpointing but it only worked twice. Then the pinpoint mode was a solid continuous hum. Again thank you Dave and have a great holiday.

Posted by: JAntonS
Date: May 26, 2017 05:33PM
Hi guys!

I was summoned by Dave. Let me try to jump in and see if I can help a little.

The Platinum will only ground grab while in All Metals mode, and will only pinpoint while in Disc mode.

So, if you want to GG:

1. Go to Disc mode.
2. Pressing the PP/GG button, find a patch clear of metal.
3. Release the PP/GG button.
4. Go to All Metals mode.
5. Hold your Platinum's coil about a foot above the ground.
6. Press the PP/GG button, and while doing so, pump the coil towards the ground up to two or three inches. The motion should not be too fast. Two, three times should do the trick.
7. Release the PP/GG button.

Ok now, you still are in All Metals mode. If you want to pinpoint from there, you need to go to Disc mode first!
If you press your PP/GG button again while still in All Metals mode, you will be entering ground grab and will set the ground setting off.

Does that make sense and helps? Please let me know.

J Anton S.

First Texas Products Senior Design Engineer

Designed or supported design:
Teknetics’ Alpha, Delta, Gamma, Omega, G2, G2+, Eurotek, Eurotek Pro, Digitek.
Fisher Research Labs’ Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug DP, F19, F19 LTD, F5, F11, F22 and F44.
Bounty Hunter’s Platinum, Titanium, Gold, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro and Lone Star pro.
Among other machines.

Posted by: Dave J.
Date: May 26, 2017 05:45PM
Thanks, Jorge.
In the distant past someone decided we should say begin ground grab a foot above the ground. And somehow it stuck. Actually that's overkill, 6 inches is adequate. Ground grab works best if you don't go all the way to the ground when "bobbing" it, 1 inch from the surface for a concentric searchcoil and 2 inches for a DD is usually about optimum. Any closer will degrade accuracy.

Date: May 26, 2017 06:22PM
I cannot bob the coil up and down at all it goes to raise coil. If i hold it steady about two inches off the ground and hold the pinpoint in All Metals sometimes it will ground grab then but you have to hold it steady if it moves up or down at all it'll go to the raise coil mode. Then if I can get it to ground grab and go back to discriminate the pinpoint does not work it's just a constant hum

Posted by: JAntonS
Date: May 26, 2017 06:57PM
Ok. Glad we took that out of the way. It does sound weird.
PM me, we will figure it out.

First Texas Products Senior Design Engineer

Designed or supported design:
Teknetics’ Alpha, Delta, Gamma, Omega, G2, G2+, Eurotek, Eurotek Pro, Digitek.
Fisher Research Labs’ Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug DP, F19, F19 LTD, F5, F11, F22 and F44.
Bounty Hunter’s Platinum, Titanium, Gold, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro and Lone Star pro.
Among other machines.

Date: August 12, 2017 08:45AM
First Texas went above and beyond to fix an issue that may have been just emi. I am completely satisfied with the resolution and couldnt have been treated better. Thanks to Dave, Jorge, and Juan at First Texas!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login