Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Land Ranger Pro -smaller coil
Posted by: jackintexas
Date: September 01, 2017 11:44PM
I have a Land Ranger Pro with the stock coil. I would like a smaller round coil (7 to 8"). I have several smaller coils from other Bounty Hunter push on coils. 2 from the Tracker 4 and 2 other smaller coils. But I only get about 4 inches on a quarter in air test and a lot less in the ground.. Are there other smaller, round coils for Land Ranger that will work good for the Land Ranger Pro. The stock stock coil gives very good depth but I prefer a smaller coil that will work well for the LRP. .

Re: Land Ranger Pro -smaller coil
Date: September 02, 2017 12:55AM
I put the Tracker 4 coil on the LRP. Did a factory reset Adjusted back to all my original settings.. Guess what, Now I am getting reasonable depth. Just thought some other folks may want to know what i did......Jack

Posted by: straker
Date: September 02, 2017 01:05AM
:clapping:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 01:23AM by straker.

Posted by: gfatizzi
Date: September 07, 2017 07:15AM
Hi Jack, I have an LRP myself and a Fisher F11. I took the Fisher F11 stock round 7" coil and mounted it on the LRP (with a coil adapter plug) and it works like a CHAMP! Great depth and seperation for that size coil, so much so that I prefer it over the stock coil. I really think you would be happy with this combo. I would also like to try out the 7" "teardrop" coil that comes on the Tek series detectors.

Posted by: Bill ( So. Ca.)
Date: September 07, 2017 09:01PM
Hi Jack, Check out the F11 7 inch coil, it has the push on connector. I have one on my LRP. HH Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 09:13PM by Bill ( So. Ca.).

Date: September 08, 2017 10:53PM
Hey Bill: I have an F11 coil but it is a screw on type. I am going to get an adapter from Ebay. I am told that shoud work,, Thanks for the info.....Jack

Posted by: Bill ( So. Ca.)
Date: September 09, 2017 03:45PM
Hi Jack, I guess I was in error about the type of connector on the F11 7 inch coil. Thanks for the correction. Bill

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login