Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Beach Detecting Problem
Posted by: ProHoofCare
Date: August 04, 2007 09:37PM
As a retired Marine I have access to many beaches that are off limits to the public. I went out to a military beach this last week and found over $14 in clad in about two hours. The beach was full and I did not have access to a lot of areas due to all the people on the beach. They just had a free concert on the beach this weekend and I want to hit the area on Monday. I know, what is the problem?

The problem I have is too much

Re: Beach Detecting Problem
Posted by: jeff@middlesex
Date: August 05, 2007 07:02AM
this noise is chatter or targets going by? switch coils and see if that settles it down. what was the sensitivity control set at?

Posted by: ProHoofCare
Date: August 05, 2007 07:50AM
I think it was both chatter and targets (junk). I was running my sensitivity contral from 3 to 5 o'clock. I was ajusting it as I went along.

It drove me nuts as when I am hunting in fields it stays pretty quiet and when it sounds off, dig! At the beach I had to really listen and try to pick out what was what.

Posted by: bigdpiper
Date: August 05, 2007 05:00PM
Sounds like you're doing great Pro.I have a Quick Draw II. I hunt on notch mode with Disc. at about 10 oclock and the sensitivity knob at about 3 oclock. If I hunt the wet sand I turn the sensitivity way down to about 9 oclock.Hope this helps.

Posted by: nick hunter
Date: August 11, 2007 12:29AM
I just think your beach is trashy !

After all, the tone mode is an "all-metal-except-iron" mode, so that all the non-ferrous junk will give signals. Try in disc for better results.(setting knob at about one o'clock)

On trashy beaches, the smaller the coil, the better the results!

Good hunting

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login