Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
WANTED: BOUNTY HUNTER BIG BUD PRO
Posted by: tony369412
Date: April 25, 2009 09:16AM
HELLO, I AM LOOKING FOR A BOUNTY HUNTER BIG BUD PRO WITH ANALOG ID METER.
THE DETECTOR CAME IN RED, VERY KEWL FOR BACK IN THE DAY, ALSO HAD KILLER DEPTH FOR IT''S TIME
VERY NOSTALGIC TO ME.

I FOUND A PHOTO OF THE DETECTOR ONLINE, I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN FINDING ONE.
THANKS ...TONY

Re: WANTED: BOUNTY HUNTER BIG BUD PRO
Posted by: silversmith
Date: April 25, 2009 10:54AM
Can't help ya, but if you'll settle for "repairable?" 220D I know where one might be available on another forum.

Posted by: af647
Date: May 04, 2009 10:21PM
YOU SAID YOU WANTED A BIG BUD PRO BUT SHOWED A PHOTO OF A 220 WHICH IS VERY SIMILAR TO THE BIG BUD PRO

THE BIG BUD PRO IS ALL BLACK NO RED

I HAVE ONE BUT NOT FOR SALE READ MY POST WITH HEADING FRIDAY AND SATURDAY FINDS TO TALK ABOUT WHAT I FOUND

WITH MY BIG BUD PRO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2009 10:24PM by af647.

Date: May 05, 2009 07:24AM
Hey af647..............! Good to see someone still using this detector besides me. :cheers:
I just love my "modified the hell outta it" 220D. Sure I'd like to have a "4500" but I'd like to have a new Camero too! :crazy: I'll be looking forward to your posting.

Posted by: Ed in SoDak
Date: May 05, 2009 09:48PM
I think Tony found that pic on my site. "Big Bud Pro" was all the info I had for it and the pic is too tiny to see any details. I have manuals for eight different "Bud" detector models. The 220 is one of the later Big Bud Pro models, according to a PDF manual I have. It is also referred to as "Select 220" in that same manual, and there is also a Select 220-D.

At the moment, I have no idea what the differences between all of them are. I'd be glad to add more info about them to my site. I don't have many "Bud" pics, mostly just the manuals in text format. Those I need to read through and edit before putting them online.

-Ed

Posted by: bill1939
Date: May 07, 2009 12:31PM
I have a bountey hunter big bud that needs some work.Does anyone know where to send it to get it repaired?

Posted by: Ed in SoDak
Date: May 07, 2009 03:58PM
I'd contact Bounty Hunter to see if they still have parts for it. They'll do the best job for you, as they tend to replace with new parts, which can be a new coil and control board. If it's just a connector issue, they may only repair that. You won't know your options and costs till you contact them.

Next up is Keith Wells, www.brokendetector.com, but he can be somewhat spendy. He goes through the entire machine and also field tests it before returning it to you. I'd check frst for costs and availability before sending.

-Ed

Date: May 09, 2009 05:52PM
I have a 220-D. It's black. It's digital on the display (I think that's what the "D" means) Models without the "D" use an analog meter.

Posted by: Old Digger
Date: May 29, 2009 08:29AM
Tony,

I had a Big Bud Pro EXACTLY like the one in the picture, it was (as I remember) just marked Big Bud Pro. The coil was not quite the same, as it had "arrows" pointing to the center for helping pinpoint, but it looked almost exactly the same.

I bought a Whites (can't remember the model) and the wife started detecting with me using the BBPro, she LOVED it. When hard times hit us in 1997, we sold both... she has never forgotten that BBP, and I am determined to find one, as I have since bought 2 other detectors which are more complicated, and she won't attempt to use them! Want to get her back in the hobby.

SO... I too am looking for a BBPro, RED, BTW. If anyone finds one, PLEASE let me know if there is another available!

Thanks,

Ed
usmc.grunt@live.com
Good Hunting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2009 08:48AM by Old Digger.

Re: WANTED: BOUNTY HUNTER BIG BUD PRON/T
Posted by: Willym561
Date: March 07, 2011 08:14PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Willym561
Date: March 07, 2011 08:18PM
Hello,
I was told by my son-in-law that the vert first Big Bud Pro that the box was a purplish color and made by George Paine does anyone know what model that was he says it was the best of all the Big Bud Pro models Cheers Bill

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: May 20, 2016 09:47AM
I Know this is a old post, But thought all Big Bud Pros were RED? Also are they 2 Filter? THANKS.

Posted by: bebeeping
Date: May 22, 2016 11:59AM
220 is red

Posted by: Joewihit3
Date: August 28, 2017 04:35PM
Is anyone selling a bounty hunter big bud pro 220??? I would like to hear from you.... Thanks

Posted by: straker
Date: August 28, 2017 11:25PM
I know of a big bud pro se for sale. Contact Keith of East Texas Metal Detectors. He might still have it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login