Findmall.com

Garrett Infinium Forum Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Infinium assembly question
Posted by: Toolman0114
Date: September 30, 2017 04:30AM
I just picked up an infinium LS and while reading the directions on how to assemble it the manual shows that when you assemble the detector with the control box under the cuff that you put the control knobs facing away from you and the battery door towards you. But when you assemble it with the control box above or below the stem (in front of the hand grip) the knobs face you. Why wouldn’t you assemble it under the cuff with the knobs facing you under the cuff??

Re: Infinium assembly question
Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: September 30, 2017 05:59AM
Look like figures 9 and 12 are not correct. Maybe they were just trying to show how to hold the mounting brackets together and not how to put the control box on the shaft. The photo on the cover page and page 5 has the coil wire going straight down the shaft from the control box to the coil. The way I mounted mine.
If you assemble as shown in figures 9 or 12 the coil wire will have to do a 180 degree turn to head back down the shaft to the coil.

Don't forget how important ground balancing is for best operation of the Infinium. DL HH and
May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop.

Re: Infinium assembly question
Posted by: Toolman0114
Date: September 30, 2017 07:15AM
I did assemble mine so the coil wire goes straight out the bottom, just wondering why they do it the other way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login