Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I bet that 'bout caused a change of shorts:bouncy:
Posted by: Bryce-IL
Date: March 29, 2010 10:05AM
Those are some cool pics of a very nice find....very cool.

Congrats:thumbup:

Here's the link to my field test post containing over 60 different hunts of various coil tests...field tests published in Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine...comparisons...nicer finds...etc..:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1055627,1055627#msg-1055627

Been swingin' the coil since 1972

Started out in 1972 with a Jetco Detector...then the late 70's with a Whites 6000:whites:....then in 1981 went to a Bounty Hunter VLF TR 840:bounty:

Then in the early 1980's I went to a Whites 6000 Di Pro:whites:...mid 80's I went to a Whites Eagle II SL:whites:...Late 80's/Early 90's I went to the Whites XLT:whites:

1990's I used the Fisher CZ5, CZ6, CZ7, 7aPro, and CZ70Pro (still have)...and am currently doing some water hunting with my CZ-21:fisher:...

Started using Minelabs in 1999:minelab:

with a brief stint on the Musketeer while also using the CZ's...then in 2002 I switched to the Minelab Explorers and currently use the Explorer SE Pro as my main machine. I also use the Explorer 2 and E-trac often... and have a CTX3030 I use as a backup:minelab: Might also mention I have an arsenal of coils for the Explorers:thumbup:

"Metal detecting is an escape for me and allows me to find some much needed peace and solace.
Being able to clear my head...even if only for that short while...is much more meaningful than any amount of finds that end up in my pouch"
:angel: "Quote ME"

Re: New E trac + Pure luck = Two Silver Dollars!
Posted by: 1goldsniper
Date: March 29, 2010 11:02AM
A few years back hunting season had just started here in Idaho. There was father going to take his boy who had just received his first hunting licenses out on opening day. The knew of a good place to go and had a great day!!!! They boy got his first elk. A record setting in Boone and Crockett. While cleaning the elk the boy happened to look up and see a real nice buck deer crossing the clearing up ahead of them. Having a deer tag he threw up his gun and dropped the buck which after retrieving it found is was just under Boone and Crockett records. Most detectorests will hunt a life time and not find one silver dollar. The price of your e trac might be worth many times what you paid for it if it comes with that luck. Would you consider trading straight across for my etrac and 3 coils? Congrat's of your great start and I hope your starting streak doesn't change!

Posted by: EZrider
Date: March 29, 2010 12:20PM
Want cleaned pics of coins! Super finds brother! Your best bet is to find clean ground in the area "All metal" and noise cancel"

Minelab E-Trac, 6" Excelerator, 12x15 SEF, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher CZ-21

My Youtube channel remenning

Posted by: OhioCoinHunter
Date: March 29, 2010 04:09PM
Congrats on the big silvers!

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OhioCoinHunter

:minelab: Minelab E-trac with Sunray X-1 Probe, 8x6 SEF Butterfly Coil, 10x12 SEF Butterfly Coil, 15x12 SEF Butterfly Coil,
Gray Ghost Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Digger, Predator Little Eagle Digger

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: March 29, 2010 09:44PM
Shovelhead,

When you get bored finding all that great stuff by yourself, drop me an IM.

:please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please:

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: Xmarks
Date: March 30, 2010 12:01AM
:beers: Holy smokes! :surprised: 1st time I have seen that. Congrats! I would of had to test my blood sugar after that find. I would of been shacking a lot. Hope you had a drink after those. :drinking:

Posted by: utahshovelhead
Date: March 30, 2010 10:19AM
Its cool to see so many of you have the same addiction I do! This forum rocks. Thanks guys.

utahshovelhead

Posted by: stevew
Date: March 31, 2010 07:18PM
Can you tell us the adress again

Posted by: DrBobinMO
Date: April 01, 2010 08:06AM
Congrats Utah!! I could use some pure luck like that too:bouncy:

Bob Kononiuk

:minelab:Minelab CTX3030:minelab:
Member of 417 Relic Hunters in Springfield, MO

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MinelabBobinMO

Posted by: mickfin
Date: April 26, 2010 11:11PM
Hay Utah, That is soooo Cool man I want to do that???? Mickfin

Posted by: in the woods
Date: April 27, 2010 06:35AM
Yippee, that musta been very exciting to see in the hole. Good for you, and I hope you find another purse.

Date: April 27, 2010 05:54PM
Thanks Micfin for re upping this post I much likey too!
Hello in the Woods, That is the kinda place I also like to hunt...nobody but me n them criters...I see you do pretty well in them woods as well as I like to check out your posts and pics

thanks and good luck to both of ya,
utahshovelhead

Posted by: DirtDean
Date: April 28, 2010 03:47AM
Awesome is the word. Congrats! will those register in the factory coins mode?

Date: April 28, 2010 10:27AM
Hi Dirt,
I had the New E trac pretty much open in the Iron mask mode with a setting of just the lower 1/3 portion blacked out everything else was open. I had read earlier that the Big Silver was disc. out in the coin program but I really wasn't looking for any specific targets (coins, rings, etc.) I was just taken her out for her first live run and wanted to get a feel for anything that made a peep. I went to a place that is very easy to dig and has lots of old deep stuff including lots of iron, few coins, thingamajigs, and whatsits all mixed up. I dug allot of junky targets just to see and hear how the E would respond. I was totally shocked when the black leather pouch came up and it was heavy...knowing the age of the coins I have found there I imagined it could of held a Gold coin before i opened it up. But Hey LUCKY is LUCKY and I was totally syked to have found two Silver dollars. I have found a total of 5 over the years in other places and they are all good stories to tell...one day.

Best of luck to you
utahshovelhead

Posted by: DirtDean
Date: April 28, 2010 11:37PM
Awesome! Hope you get that gold coin!:beers:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login