Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: New E trac + Pure luck = Two Silver Dollars!
Posted by: Xmarks
Date: April 28, 2010 11:44PM
That is one heck of an out of box experience! Congrats! :super: Cant wait to see what else you pull out of the dirt. That is sweet!

Posted by: utahshovelhead
Date: April 29, 2010 09:56PM
Thanks Dirt Dean and X marks,
Ive had alot of fun whatchin how many folks have checked out the pics as well.
good luck
utahshovelhead

Date: May 01, 2010 11:03AM
I just have to keep braggin about these two Silver Dollars!
I have had the E trac a month now and am having an absolute ball with it! I will post all the stuff I have been finding soon but these Two Silver Dollars just kill me!
Since my wife just sees two dirty coins... and thinks I'm nuts anyway..., I thought I would bring this post/pic back up to the top just to get a few more looks for fun!
I know...livin in the past. But a find like that has me totally syked out...still.

good luck
utahshovelhead

Posted by: NebTrac
Date: March 01, 2011 10:43AM
Well we can't have C&RHunters "double dollar day" without bringing back UtahShovelHead's spectacular find. New or not, its awesome to swing your coil over a big chunk of silver!!!!

NebTrac

Posted by: OhioCoinHunter
Date: March 01, 2011 03:05PM
Super find!!!!

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OhioCoinHunter

:minelab: Minelab E-trac with Sunray X-1 Probe, 8x6 SEF Butterfly Coil, 10x12 SEF Butterfly Coil, 15x12 SEF Butterfly Coil,
Gray Ghost Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Digger, Predator Little Eagle Digger

Posted by: wvrick
Date: March 01, 2011 04:18PM
That's it Awesome! Two Silver Dollars... Even a year old post is worth revising with a find like that! I can imagine how load the E-Trac screamed out hitting that much silver at one time.

Congratulations!

Current Detectors: :minelab: CTX3030 w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP 3030 version :fisher: Fisher CoinStrike w/ 8" & 6" coils w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP :garrett: AT Pro
Recovery: :garrett: Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche Tools, A.M. Leonard Soil Knife,Lesche Sampson T-handle shovel, STAVR Evroexcavator 2V.33, Dacor dive equipment
Past Detectors: :minelab: Minelab E-trac, Explorer XS, :garrett: Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Sea Hunter (Diving) :whites: Whites V3i, DFX, 5000 ser 2, 6000 ser.3 and 6000 ser.3 HM, :fisher: Fisher CZ7a-Pro, F2,Tesoro T/R.

Detecting since the 70's with my Father, and before with my Uncle in Florida on 1715 treasure fleet in the mid-60's with a vintage modified mine detector (vacuum tube type). First detector ever used was a Whites Goldmaster S63 (also vac tube) mid-60's.

"Retired and hunting" Future resident of Myrtle Beach!

Posted by: etracmick
Date: March 01, 2011 04:30PM
You found what many have at the "top" of their wants list for a long time. Nice!!

Posted by: Flambeaux
Date: March 01, 2011 05:15PM
Looks like what you would find at the old Saltair..found silver that looked just like that from that whole area...alot of walking to get out there now...Great finds.

Date: March 02, 2011 10:01PM
HA Ha!
Fun to see this year old pic with my big silvers in it come up again! Lucky I am indeed as I have found 8 silver Dollars over the years (one from the side of an old chair) . But not sure if its my luckiest day- that might be the day I pulled up 7 half dollars I found in a 20 x20 area or it might be the day I found 5 gold rings in one hole? I'm brag-gin a bit but I kid you not...I have had lots of really great times though and I probably minimize the reality of trying hard to put myself in the right spot with the right equipment and determination. But like I say Luck ANY DAY goes a long way!

Good luck to you,
utahshovelhead

Neb, Ohio, Rick, Mick, & Flam, Thanks for checkin out my digs!

Re: Thats around $70.00 alone in silver!!!:yikes:
Posted by: Aaron
Date: March 02, 2011 10:11PM
Thats a incredible find..congrats!

Posted by: TheOtherLeggoHead
Date: March 02, 2011 10:16PM
You win two free intranehts!

Date: March 02, 2011 10:30PM
thanks for lookin aaron, Never worried much about the value of the finds as that would take all the fun out of finding them for me...mostly just like showin em off and tellin about em.

Thanks Leggohead, Not sure what the heck your saying "intranehts" but I appreciate your lookin me up and GO LEGO to you!

Posted by: moose
Date: March 03, 2011 07:28PM
OMG!!!! Beautiful find and thank you for sharing. Silver and Leather, great combo for history :thumbup:

E-TRAC And Diggin It

Date: March 03, 2011 09:26PM
Thanks Moose,
Yeah the leather pouch is cool too and was still clasped with the coins tucked in when I dug her up. Picking up the pouch I felt the weight and new it was some serious coinage while wondering if there might be gold coin in there. Heart was pumpin.

luck to you bro,

Date: October 10, 2017 08:55AM
I know this post and thread is supper old now but out of fun I am going to bring it backup for all the newer guys. I was just going over some of my stuff and thought about the back when I found this coin pouch. I thought why not bring it back up just for kicks to the forum? I haven't posted much lately as Im keeping a pretty low profile but thought you may enjoy the find.

anyways good luck to all you diggers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login