Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Auvio Wireless Headphones question
Posted by: Aussie Okie
Date: July 29, 2012 05:45PM
I just purchased a pair of these Auvio 33-283 wireless headphones for my etrac.
I purchased a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter and a 3.5mm male/female cable.
My question for anyone who uses these with the etrac is:
Do I need the inline volume control or will it work properly without it.

Thanks

Oklahoma Metal Detecting and Treasure Hunting Club - we dig history©
Numismatic Archaeologist

Re: Auvio Wireless Headphones question
Posted by: Phillip_in_NM
Date: July 31, 2012 12:39AM
It works fine without it. You can use the volume control on the Etrac to set your volume. I love the pair I have and am always on the lookout for a back-up pair. I've seen them several times on Ebay. Just don't want to pay the ridiculous prices they are asking. I wonder if Auvio would start producing them again just for the detector market.

Phillip_in_NM

2014 totals:

:minelab: Etrac

Jack Parr Show winner token

:whites: MX5
Kansas Grand Lodge A.O.U.W. medallion
2 silver rings
2 palladium dental crowns

XP Deus

Silver ring

"Unless you're the lead sled dog, the view is always the same!"

Date: July 31, 2012 08:52AM
Thanks mate.
Yes, it would be nice. Surely there is a market for them.

Numismatic Archaeologist

Posted by: kansas_roger
Date: July 31, 2012 02:44PM
My only complaint about them was that the cups were too small (or maybe my ears are too big) to wear them for extended periods of time. The puched on my ears and made them sore after an hour or so. Overall, there was no lag and volume was adequate, so I'd give them a 4 out of 5.

Date: July 31, 2012 02:56PM
Thanks. Here's hoping my ears fit ;)

Numismatic Archaeologist

Posted by: Phillip_in_NM
Date: August 01, 2012 03:17PM
I'm with Roger - ear cups are awfully small. I've got the Auvio wireless earbuds too. I really like being able to wear a fully brimmed hat rather than a baseball type cap with them.

Posted by: kraykepler
Date: August 01, 2012 03:50PM
I agree that they're smaller than the average pair, but that's not a bad thing over the hot summer months.

Date: August 03, 2012 01:47PM
Well I guess I'll see, I get them today :)

Numismatic Archaeologist

Posted by: huntindog1
Date: February 12, 2013 09:31AM
Posted by: Jeff in Pa
Date: February 12, 2013 11:35AM
I bought a pair of those when I had my SE Pro and after a while I decided I didn't like them. They are more tuned to the "Low tones" than the high pitch we all listen for. My kids use them on the iPad and iPhones.

Etrac with 13" Ultimate coil
RNB battery
Minelab Pro find
Black Widow headphones
2 Predator tools
Model 58, Model 85

Posted by: bigdad75
Date: February 12, 2013 03:48PM
I havent used them on the etrac yet but on the mxt there was a slight delay but you can get used to it is there any delay on the etrac?i bought the ear buds i like them and they have the volume control on them and were only 25 bucks

Date: February 12, 2013 04:12PM
I really didn't notice a delay. They seem to be OK except for the tone but that may not be a problem for others because my ears have alot of irreversable damage from many years as a carpenter.

I am gonna give them another try. I have SunRay Pro Golds so I will compare them. I know its not a fair comparison but I will still check them out again.

bigdad75
I havent used them on the etrac yet but on the mxt there was a slight delay but you can get used to it is there any delay on the etrac?i bought the ear buds i like them and they have the volume control on them and were only 25 bucks

RNB battery
Minelab Pro find
Black Widow headphones
2 Predator tools
Model 58, Model 85

Posted by: BH_Landstar_
Date: February 12, 2013 04:27PM
This post might get taken down, but I'll give it a shot.....

Go here >>> Get Diggin Headphones

To see a sample of the things I found since January 2010..... visit >>https://sites.google.com/site/mdfinds/

Current Detectors
CTX 3030 with standard coil + 17" coil
Pro Pointer
AT Pro -- (Repaired after water leaked into control box, new electronics and front panel -- Thanks Garratt ! Nice job)

Date: February 12, 2013 05:19PM
Just gave them another go and honestly that will be the last. The sound just isn't there. Too much Bass. I will say I Luv my SunRays!

Jeff in Pa
I really didn't notice a delay. They seem to be OK except for the tone but that may not be a problem for others because my ears have alot of irreversable damage from many years as a carpenter.

I am gonna give them another try. I have SunRay Pro Golds so I will compare them. I know its not a fair comparison but I will still check them out again.

bigdad75

RNB battery
Minelab Pro find
Black Widow headphones
2 Predator tools
Model 58, Model 85

Posted by: digdugdad
Date: February 19, 2013 02:47PM
I have been wondering about wireless headphone options for a while but never really looked into it until I saw this post.

So after reading this thread, I clicked the link for the Rapoo wireless headphones in Huntingdog's post and ended up buying a pair from Amazon for $56.05. I got them today and I have to say they are outstanding. I plugged them into my eTrac and they sound superb. I have yet to take them out in the field but I have no reason to think they won't work great. They also sound great in my iPhone. The part you plug in(the male end) is the size for an iphone hole so I also bought one of those adapters to make the male insert big enough to fit the eTrac. This was another $2.00 from Amazon. I love the results.

Watch the video and you will see that even the reviewer is impressed by the sound quality. Here's the link which is also in Huntingdog's post - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GOFweoUw-6E#!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login