Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: TTF: How To Set It Up and Use it Properly
Posted by: Gunrunner61
Date: May 05, 2013 07:54PM
I have just bought the E-TRAC and I think Ill see about loading that in the morning, Any other ideas? I hunt mostly Relics and old home places

Posted by: Wormslayer
Date: May 29, 2013 06:19AM
TTF all the way for me! :thumbup: I don't use anything else. Most other options and settings are wasted on me.! TTF Rules..

www.HistoryHunters.co.uk/tectotrak

Posted by: smkunder
Date: May 31, 2013 03:44PM
OK so I have been giving it a try, my question is when you hear the low grunt and higher pitch sound at pretty near the same time, then do the wiggle to isolate the higher pitch, I do not seem to find anything. Do you pay attention to the numbers or not? I am really confused by this, but do not want to give up on it.

Steve

CTX 3030 , XP Deus Ml-6 Pinpointer, Minelab Excal

Posted by: nge
Date: May 31, 2013 07:27PM
Sometimes you have to, or will dig both signals. If the junk comes out first, don't give up! Yes, I glance at the conducive numbers only if the target is deeper than 5 inches, you already know what the iron numbers will be. But, A really deep grunt could also be something good, it all depends on what kind of area you're hunting, ie. civil war, old homestead, city park etc. etc. HH and good luck.......nge

Exposure to the Son, Prevents burning......

Posted by: fishnnut
Date: May 31, 2013 08:01PM
I am trying to learn TTF also and can somebody tell me are the CO #'s pretty much the same as when in multi tone conduct settings? I thought I remember G4E saying that the numbers could be different in TTF. I know to go by the audio more so but still need to check #'s when a potential target is found I would think.. This TTF seems to be a little tough for me to get the hang of... A lot of noise but I know it works for a lot of people so I need to figure it out..

Posted by: DrLizardo
Date: July 15, 2013 12:38PM
I decided to try TTF in a small park that's given me a lot of silver, but which I've scoured pretty thoroughly by now. In two brief hunts I got three old wheat pennies, a cub scouts bob cat pin and a 1906 V-nickel. All of these targets were right next to iron targets, which would be why they were still there after all the times I've been over then in conductive. It's a much more annoying way to hunt than in conductive, but it does hit those targets that you won't hit otherwise. It wouldn't be usable at sites where there was a lot of trash other than iron.

Posted by: GoVidGo
Date: December 14, 2013 09:29PM
I have tried different things, before I read this, in those high null areas....and I have great success with the 4 tone, open screen with just lower iron blocked, trash high, deep on, fast on, auto +2.... just seems to work for me...

Posted by: MickTwin
Date: December 19, 2013 07:28AM
It would be great if on the next model E-trac (if ever one is made), there should be a button to instantly put you in TTF

Re: TTF: How To Set It Up and Use it ProperlyN/T
Posted by: MrPopTop
Date: January 30, 2014 07:16AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: MrPopTop
Date: January 30, 2014 07:17AM
how does it react to gold and nickles in this mode?

Posted by: surfchunker
Date: March 18, 2014 07:07PM
I gave it a couple of tries today and see it's benefits right away, first place didn't have a lot of iron but it was a good place to start out with it and I got about 40 cents and a small heart cross, went back out for a bit this evening in a yard that is loaded with iron and dug two pennies and a generic bread token ... I've never been able to pull anything out of there due to all the iron ... used the stock relic mode

Oldest dated coin 1778 1/2 Reale, Oldest US silver 1853 Trime , Most Unusual 1874 2 Pfennig, 3 KG III's

Posted by: bertman
Date: March 18, 2014 08:39PM
MrPopTop
how does it react to gold and nickles in this mode?

Sounds strange, but the E-Trac responds to gold and nickles the same as everything that isn't iron...
Iron will give a low tone, and everything else (and I mean everything) will give a high tone...

HH Robert

Posted by: surfchunker
Date: March 18, 2014 08:53PM
yup ... even a small bit of foil

Oldest dated coin 1778 1/2 Reale, Oldest US silver 1853 Trime , Most Unusual 1874 2 Pfennig, 3 KG III's

Posted by: issombeituni
Date: April 19, 2014 06:40PM
what is the variability set to and volume gain?

TTF. Is awesome I wish my quattro had it!
Posted by: c t
Date: August 01, 2014 06:33PM
Found 60 Merc dimes at a park that had early homes on its edge. All homes burned down in the 50s. Hunted the spot for yrs used the etrac got a mixed signal and BOOM BABY. Couldn't resist!!!! There was a tusty decomposing can with a cloth like a chamois and in the center partially wrapped in the cloth. 60!!!! Merc dimes 1916 thru 1943. HH c t

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login