Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A Few Times Out After Some Much Needed Rain
Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: December 19, 2016 11:38AM
We went through a long drought through the middle of summer and most of the fall around here. We finally got some really good rain over the last two weeks and I was able to get in some nice hunts. I went back to a few old sites and tried out some new ones as well. This is a group shot of the keepers from those hunts. Feels good to be out digging again but now it's turned cold so just have to see how the winter goes. HH David

Re: A Few Times Out After Some Much Needed Rain
Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: December 19, 2016 12:36PM
Great pile of finds there,big congrats! Do you use the stock pro coil or was there another coil used for those hunts? I saw you said you went over some places again,I was just wondering if you switched coils or programs this time.

Date: December 19, 2016 01:11PM
Bigtom123
Great pile of finds there,big congrats! Do you use the stock pro coil or was there another coil used for those hunts? I saw you said you went over some places again,I was just wondering if you switched coils or programs this time.

Thanks Bigtom! I keep the 13" Ultimate coil on my Etrac 90% of the time. If I change it I put on something smaller like the 6x8 to get in the trashy spots. I feel the Ultimate separates as well as the stock coil and gets a little better depth.

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: December 19, 2016 06:54PM
Great finds Sooper! Seated dime.. wow your making me jealous :) I may have to drive south after Christmas for a few days until I don't see white.
I have had cases with the ultimate 13 where it seemed to hit just a little deeper on silver. My old rotator cuff sandbagging injury prevents me from swinging the bigger coil and I do better without
a harness as I can really control my swing better to get the deeper ones.

Sooper Dave
Thanks Bigtom! I keep the 13" Ultimate coil on my Etrac 90% of the time. If I change it I put on something smaller like the 6x8 to get in the trashy spots. I feel the Ultimate separates as well as the stock coil and gets a little better depth.

Date: December 19, 2016 07:59PM
Thanks FPD! Those Seateds don't come up often but always a thrill when they do. I don't see how you guys stand those winters being snowed in and frozen until spring. Hope you can get south soon for some swinging. And I say you and the stock coil make a great team!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2016 08:01PM by Sooper Dave.

Posted by: Mark in S.E. IA
Date: December 20, 2016 08:03PM
That's a really nice group of finds you got there...

HH
Mark

Etrac

X-505
10.5 DD 7.5 coil

Date: December 21, 2016 10:52AM
Mark in S.E. IA
That's a really nice group of finds you got there...

Thanks Mark

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: December 23, 2016 05:58AM
Looking good !

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

* Some Favorite Finds *
1724 - K.G. Half Penny *** 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent *** 1829 - Capped Bust Dime *** 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime *** 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent *** 1865 - Two Cent *** 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: ironsight
Date: December 29, 2016 05:59PM
Nice haul there Dave! :clapping:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login