Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Small Coil Opinions for Etrac in Trashy areas
Posted by: luked
Date: January 04, 2017 10:01AM
for you experienced users what is your favorite small coil for the Etrac for a trashy areas.
i am going to be getting an etrac in the next month and want to buy a small coil to go with it at the same time.
im leaning towards the Sunray X-5 or NEL sharpshooter 9.5 x 5.5 but there is also the 6.50 x 5.50 snake NEL coil also.
which would you all choose?

Re: Small Coil Opinions for Etrac in Trashy areas
Posted by: roadapple
Date: January 04, 2017 10:27AM
Sun Ray X5 > small .....Sun Ray X8 > medium both are great coils with depth and fantastic separation and signal.

Posted by: sprchng
Date: January 04, 2017 10:52AM
Detech Excellerator 4.5 x 7

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: January 04, 2017 08:22PM
I have two SunRay X-8 and I like them a lot but so far I have found nothing that out hunts the Coiltek 10X5. I was getting extremely deep wheats with it today and I have found no coins by hunting behind with with smaller Coils.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Posted by: amberjack
Date: January 05, 2017 07:26AM

5 x 8

AJ

Not buying another detector until someone makes a dedicated park gold detector with 100 points in the gold range, sick of the same old same old, I need something to met my detecting needs and NO one makes what I need.
anyone can find silver its a sitting duck I have more than enough of those duck hunters, so my pocket book stays closed until someone see's the future of detecting.

if you are out there I can let you know what I need..

Mojave
Berkut-5
Etrac
MX5
Gold Racer
Compadre 7" Concentric
Compadre 7" Widescan
Outlaw
Compadre coil change out mod+sens
F19
CTX3030
Cibola

Upside Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDeB5sDealI

World Turned Upside Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsuNtEuZxI

Ghost Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-XXX3dnlVc

"Long Live The Chief" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E

More coils than any sane person would need.

Machines are not in order of preference !! I can't read big blocks of writing , so the enter key is a good tool.

I share my experience of my detecting both the good and not so good both on and off the field, not here to keep everyone happy, just share my experience! if it helps someone that's great, if not that's great too--- so take what you need and leave the rest !

Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: January 05, 2017 12:32PM
Hi AJ , could you tell me a little about this coil. This is the first time I seen it. Thanks, GS
amberjack

5 x 8

AJ

Date: January 05, 2017 12:35PM
I have the x-5 , 6" excel and the 7x4.5 coil and I like them all. But the 6" excel is the one for some reason I find more masked targets. GS

Date: January 05, 2017 01:33PM
Is that the Detech 6" you are talking about? if so I have one of those but have not used it much.

GroundScanner
I have the x-5 , 6" excel and the 7x4.5 coil and I like them all. But the 6" excel is the one for some reason I find more masked targets. GS

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Lesche digger

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: January 05, 2017 01:39PM
Sef 8x6 coil is a fantastic small coil,seperates excellent and very deep for a small coil.The coiltek 10x5 as mentioned above is also a brilliant coil that does excellent in trash and is a coil I used as a standard coil on my sovereign,although never used one on an etrac.

Date: January 05, 2017 01:49PM
Yes this is the Detech 6" excel coil I and taking about. Great little coil for trashy spots. Low and slow. It hits hard. I will say all these little coils I have , if low and slow they all work great. GS
daddyflea
Is that the Detech 6" you are talking about? if so I have one of those but have not used it much.

GroundScanner

Date: January 05, 2017 01:53PM
I have the SEF 8x6 coil and yes it is a great coil but I don't consider it to be very small. I think it is equal to my Sunray x-8 . I wouldn't mind trying the coiltek 10x5 but I am not paying the price they want. GS
Nauti Neil
Sef 8x6 coil is a fantastic small coil,seperates excellent and very deep for a small coil.The coiltek 10x5 as mentioned above is also a brilliant coil that does excellent in trash and is a coil I used as a standard coil on my sovereign,although never used one on an etrac.

Date: January 05, 2017 02:01PM
I am here to tell you the Coiltek 10X5 is a must have coil. I do 90% of my hunting with that coil. I regularly pull 8" pennies with it. What is amazing is the ID is always right on at depth. The 6" Detech I have is a DD coil. Some say the excellerators are Concentric.

GroundScanner
I have the SEF 8x6 coil and yes it is a great coil but I don't consider it to be very small. I think it is equal to my Sunray x-8 . I wouldn't mind trying the coiltek 10x5 but I am not paying the price they want. GS
Nauti Neil

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Lesche digger

Date: January 05, 2017 02:28PM
The Detech 6" excel coil is a DD coil. The only Detech coil that I am aware of that is a concentric is the 8" round Detect excel. I have one but have not used it much. I think I sound run it a good amount of time to really see how she runs. I am thinking that the Nelor Core10x5 coil should be right up there with the coiltek 10x5 . I believe they are cheaper. I could be wrong, I have been many times. GS
daddyflea
I am here to tell you the Coiltek 10X5 is a must have coil. I do 90% of my hunting with that coil. I regularly pull 8" pennies with it. What is amazing is the ID is always right on at depth. The 6" Detech I have is a DD coil. Some say the excellerators are Concentric.

GroundScanner
Nauti Neil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 02:29PM by GroundScanner.

Date: January 05, 2017 02:41PM
Never heard of it. Tried Goggle and got no returns.

GroundScanner
The Detech 6" excel coil is a DD coil. The only Detech coil that I am aware of that is a concentric is the 8" round Detect excel. I have one but have not used it much. I think I sound run it a good amount of time to really see how she runs. I am thinking that the Nelor Core10x5 coil should be right up there with the coiltek 10x5 . I believe they are cheaper. I could be wrong, I have been many times. GS
daddyflea

GroundScanner
Nauti Neil

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Lesche digger

Posted by: amberjack
Date: January 05, 2017 10:54PM
Hi GS

made in Russia and wasn't easy to get hold of I know that much still on its way to me so report once I get to test it but they have been making coils for several years, there's a whole world of stuff over there that we in the west don't see Russia is huge and they make most of their electronics in house so I am always keeping my eye open for something different more of an addiction I think :ranting: guess there's worse things to be addicted too :biggrin:

but good all-round to smaller size coil so hope it works like it looks :bouncy:

AJ

GroundScanner
Hi AJ , could you tell me a little about this coil. This is the first time I seen it. Thanks, GS
amberjack

5 x 8

AJ

Not buying another detector until someone makes a dedicated park gold detector with 100 points in the gold range, sick of the same old same old, I need something to met my detecting needs and NO one makes what I need.
anyone can find silver its a sitting duck I have more than enough of those duck hunters, so my pocket book stays closed until someone see's the future of detecting.

if you are out there I can let you know what I need..

Mojave
Berkut-5
Etrac
MX5
Gold Racer
Compadre 7" Concentric
Compadre 7" Widescan
Outlaw
Compadre coil change out mod+sens
F19
CTX3030
Cibola

Upside Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDeB5sDealI

World Turned Upside Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsuNtEuZxI

Ghost Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-XXX3dnlVc

"Long Live The Chief" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E

More coils than any sane person would need.

Machines are not in order of preference !! I can't read big blocks of writing , so the enter key is a good tool.

I share my experience of my detecting both the good and not so good both on and off the field, not here to keep everyone happy, just share my experience! if it helps someone that's great, if not that's great too--- so take what you need and leave the rest !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 10:56PM by amberjack.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login