Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Small Coil Opinions for Etrac in Trashy areas
Posted by: luked
Date: January 04, 2017 10:01AM
for you experienced users what is your favorite small coil for the Etrac for a trashy areas.
i am going to be getting an etrac in the next month and want to buy a small coil to go with it at the same time.
im leaning towards the Sunray X-5 or NEL sharpshooter 9.5 x 5.5 but there is also the 6.50 x 5.50 snake NEL coil also.
which would you all choose?

Re: Small Coil Opinions for Etrac in Trashy areas
Posted by: roadapple
Date: January 04, 2017 10:27AM
Sun Ray X5 > small .....Sun Ray X8 > medium both are great coils with depth and fantastic separation and signal.

Posted by: sprchng
Date: January 04, 2017 10:52AM
Detech Excellerator 4.5 x 7

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: January 04, 2017 08:22PM
I have two SunRay X-8 and I like them a lot but so far I have found nothing that out hunts the Coiltek 10X5. I was getting extremely deep wheats with it today and I have found no coins by hunting behind with with smaller Coils.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Posted by: amberjack
Date: January 05, 2017 07:26AM

5 x 8

AJ

Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: January 05, 2017 12:32PM
Hi AJ , could you tell me a little about this coil. This is the first time I seen it. Thanks, GS
amberjack

5 x 8

AJ

Date: January 05, 2017 12:35PM
I have the x-5 , 6" excel and the 7x4.5 coil and I like them all. But the 6" excel is the one for some reason I find more masked targets. GS

Date: January 05, 2017 01:33PM
Is that the Detech 6" you are talking about? if so I have one of those but have not used it much.

GroundScanner
I have the x-5 , 6" excel and the 7x4.5 coil and I like them all. But the 6" excel is the one for some reason I find more masked targets. GS

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Lesche digger

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: January 05, 2017 01:39PM
Sef 8x6 coil is a fantastic small coil,seperates excellent and very deep for a small coil.The coiltek 10x5 as mentioned above is also a brilliant coil that does excellent in trash and is a coil I used as a standard coil on my sovereign,although never used one on an etrac.

Date: January 05, 2017 01:49PM
Yes this is the Detech 6" excel coil I and taking about. Great little coil for trashy spots. Low and slow. It hits hard. I will say all these little coils I have , if low and slow they all work great. GS
daddyflea
Is that the Detech 6" you are talking about? if so I have one of those but have not used it much.

GroundScanner

Date: January 05, 2017 01:53PM
I have the SEF 8x6 coil and yes it is a great coil but I don't consider it to be very small. I think it is equal to my Sunray x-8 . I wouldn't mind trying the coiltek 10x5 but I am not paying the price they want. GS
Nauti Neil
Sef 8x6 coil is a fantastic small coil,seperates excellent and very deep for a small coil.The coiltek 10x5 as mentioned above is also a brilliant coil that does excellent in trash and is a coil I used as a standard coil on my sovereign,although never used one on an etrac.

Date: January 05, 2017 02:01PM
I am here to tell you the Coiltek 10X5 is a must have coil. I do 90% of my hunting with that coil. I regularly pull 8" pennies with it. What is amazing is the ID is always right on at depth. The 6" Detech I have is a DD coil. Some say the excellerators are Concentric.

GroundScanner
I have the SEF 8x6 coil and yes it is a great coil but I don't consider it to be very small. I think it is equal to my Sunray x-8 . I wouldn't mind trying the coiltek 10x5 but I am not paying the price they want. GS
Nauti Neil

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Lesche digger

Date: January 05, 2017 02:28PM
The Detech 6" excel coil is a DD coil. The only Detech coil that I am aware of that is a concentric is the 8" round Detect excel. I have one but have not used it much. I think I sound run it a good amount of time to really see how she runs. I am thinking that the Nelor Core10x5 coil should be right up there with the coiltek 10x5 . I believe they are cheaper. I could be wrong, I have been many times. GS
daddyflea
I am here to tell you the Coiltek 10X5 is a must have coil. I do 90% of my hunting with that coil. I regularly pull 8" pennies with it. What is amazing is the ID is always right on at depth. The 6" Detech I have is a DD coil. Some say the excellerators are Concentric.

GroundScanner
Nauti Neil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 02:29PM by GroundScanner.

Date: January 05, 2017 02:41PM
Never heard of it. Tried Goggle and got no returns.

GroundScanner
The Detech 6" excel coil is a DD coil. The only Detech coil that I am aware of that is a concentric is the 8" round Detect excel. I have one but have not used it much. I think I sound run it a good amount of time to really see how she runs. I am thinking that the Nelor Core10x5 coil should be right up there with the coiltek 10x5 . I believe they are cheaper. I could be wrong, I have been many times. GS
daddyflea

GroundScanner
Nauti Neil

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Lesche digger

Posted by: amberjack
Date: January 05, 2017 10:54PM
Hi GS

made in Russia and wasn't easy to get hold of I know that much still on its way to me so report once I get to test it but they have been making coils for several years, there's a whole world of stuff over there that we in the west don't see Russia is huge and they make most of their electronics in house so I am always keeping my eye open for something different more of an addiction I think :ranting: guess there's worse things to be addicted too :biggrin:

but good all-round to smaller size coil so hope it works like it looks :bouncy:

AJ

GroundScanner
Hi AJ , could you tell me a little about this coil. This is the first time I seen it. Thanks, GS
amberjack

5 x 8

AJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 10:56PM by amberjack.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login