Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Explorer II to the E-Trac
Posted by: kingingkunsan
Date: January 05, 2017 07:23AM
I have owned my Explorer II since 2003 and I am looking to get a new machine. I love the EXII and it still operates but it shows its age ;the external speaker at full volume is only audible with your ear against the machine so I have to use headphones. Don't get me wrong I usually use headphones but if I ever forgot them I would be out of luck, stock coil broke a long time ago, arm cuff broke and replaced with aftermarket. Blah blah blah. From what I have read on the E-Trac it would seem to be my first choice. What are your thoughts? Will all my aftermarket purchases transition over? Examples; Sunray X-1 Probe and Stealth X-8 coil. Thanks for replying.

Re: Explorer II to the E-Trac
Posted by: daddyflea
Date: January 05, 2017 07:51AM
The answer to you questions is yes. Coils Sun Ray Coils and probe will all work. I have had a bunch of detectors and Etrac is my choice. I have two of the Sun Ray X-8 coils and I really like them but the Coiltek 10X5 is the bomb on Etrac.

I have used the Sun Ray probes myself so I would be glad to take that X-1 off your hands for near next to nothing as long as it is on sale for half price today.

kingingkunsan
I have owned my Explorer II since 2003 and I am looking to get a new machine. I love the EXII and it still operates but it shows its age ;the external speaker at full volume is only audible with your ear against the machine so I have to use headphones. Don't get me wrong I usually use headphones but if I ever forgot them I would be out of luck, stock coil broke a long time ago, arm cuff broke and replaced with aftermarket. Blah blah blah. From what I have read on the E-Trac it would seem to be my first choice. What are your thoughts? Will all my aftermarket purchases transition over? Examples; Sunray X-1 Probe and Stealth X-8 coil. Thanks for replying.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Posted by: kingingkunsan
Date: January 05, 2017 08:07AM
daddyflea, LOL I bet you would. No I love the X-1 probe and have no intention on selling it.

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: January 05, 2017 10:00AM
Really sad to see Sun Ray going out of business. Like their Coils, Probes, and man did you ever see one of their Finds Pouches.

kingingkunsan
daddyflea, LOL I bet you would. No I love the X-1 probe and have no intention on selling it.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login