Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
X-1 probe question about VDI
Posted by: sprchng
Date: January 07, 2017 11:14AM
Have any of those who use the X-1 probe on their machines noticed a change in the VDI numbers as you set the detector to different noise cancel channels?
As with the 4.5 x 7 Excellerator coil , I notice the VDI on my X-1 seems to increase as the channel increases , especially above ch.6.
Any similar experiences?

Re: X-1 probe question about VDI
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 07, 2017 12:53PM
Is this an air test?

Date: January 07, 2017 06:52PM
Makes no difference

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 07, 2017 07:21PM
I haven't seen it,doesn't mean it's not happening. I'll check it out when the weather permits,that's an interesting anomaly for sure!

Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: January 07, 2017 09:03PM
I have had the same problem with the 4.5x7 excel coil. As a matter of fact this topic has come up before if I recall. Buy I have been dealing with it. This coil is one of my favorite. If you look back a few years on this forum you may find it. Both the coil and x-1 , the readings were higher , as the channels increased. GS
sprchng
Have any of those who use the X-1 probe on their machines noticed a change in the VDI numbers as you set the detector to different noise cancel channels?
As with the 4.5 x 7 Excellerator coil , I notice the VDI on my X-1 seems to increase as the channel increases , especially above ch.6.
Any similar experiences?

Date: January 09, 2017 05:42AM
Thanks for the response. I have seen the increasing VDI on my 4.5 x7 as you stated and adapted but did not notice it with the first X-1 , however with this newer probe I am seeing behavior similar to the coil. Trying to determine if it is the probe or just the machine.
Any other experiences are welcome............

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login