Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Last Hunt Of The Year...
Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: January 09, 2017 10:07PM
With busy schedules and bad weather I was not able to get out much at the end of the year. I was three silver coins short of hitting 100 as I headed out on a windy, cold and raining New Year's Eve. I hit a couple of different sites trying to get a few more keepers. The first old site was a very small Civil War camp that I've hunted before. I was excited to dig a few more relics and got a really nice Staff Officers button. I moved on to an old school site that has now been turned into a new park. My first target was the silver Washington and I just knew this place would produce two more for me to hit my goal. I dug a few wheaties and got a great signal down deep and dug a nice Merc. I was down to needing one more as it was getting dark and the rain was coming down harder. I got a great silver quarter signal that had some depth. I was disappointed that it wasn't silver but excited to see the cool US Infantry Machine Gun collar disk. Well I ended with that target and went home one short of my little goal but I had a blast and looked like a nut out digging on such a messy day. I hope everyone gets some time to get out and dig some awesome coins and relics in the new year! Good Luck & Happy Hunting! -David

Re: Last Hunt Of The Year...
Posted by: ironsight
Date: January 10, 2017 09:34AM
Dave, looks like you had a Sooper year!

Like that MG badge. Is that military button Civil War era!

Posted by: chipper97
Date: January 10, 2017 11:44AM
A for effort Sooper and congrats on a great year of finds! I've found one of those "Ford" enameled emblems before, whoohoo!. That is a really nice Staff Officers button. Still has a lot of gilt on it. Best of luck in 2017!

Awesome Dave !N/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: January 10, 2017 04:23PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: January 10, 2017 05:18PM
High quality finds as usual.!

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: January 10, 2017 05:30PM
Congrats on a killer season Dave !

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones
Garrett Pro Pointers * Lesche Diggers

* Some Favorite Finds *
1724 - K.G. Half Penny *** 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent *** 1829 - Capped Bust Dime *** 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime *** 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent *** 1865 - Two Cent *** 1877 - Seated Quarter

Date: 6 hours ago
ironsight
Dave, looks like you had a Sooper year!

Like that MG badge. Is that military button Civil War era!

Thanks ironsight! The two eagle buttons are both from the Civil War. One is a Union General Service and the other is a Union Staff Officer's. Those were dug out of small camp that I've pulled a few more bullets and buttons from.

chipper97
A for effort Sooper and congrats on a great year of finds! I've found one of those "Ford" enameled emblems before, whoohoo!. That is a really nice Staff Officers button. Still has a lot of gilt on it. Best of luck in 2017!

Thanks Chipper! Good luck to you too!

Re: Awesome Dave !
Thanks Elton, FPD & EtracOH!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 6 hours ago by Sooper Dave.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login