Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Weekend UK Rally
Posted by: cz70pro
Date: September 16, 2017 03:32PM
Nuke em
cz70pro
Nuke em
cz70pro
I'm liking it a lot. Was watching Idetect's video on You Tube and it is a very impressive machine. It has a big beautiful display that you can easily see. FBS and selectable frequencies. No need to change coils. Lightning quick processor. Most of all it is submersible and if the price point I have heard is accurate, very affordable. Looking good so far.

Its not FBS it will have 5 freqs but be multi or single freq as you like .
FBS 28 freqs is what the ET and CTX has and BBS 17 freqs is what the Sovereign or Excalibur has . But this new machine will work fine , i will buy 2 as long term replacements for my older machines .

Og how the Deus is so yesterday , Minelab is back .

You're right. It has the multi-frequency setting.

I am well gagging for one now .

I'm pretty stoked about this machine as well. Can't wait to see some hunts with it on You Tube.

Posted by: chipper97
Date: September 16, 2017 04:03PM
The Equinox(especially the 800) looks like it could be a real performer. The specs are certainly there. Choice of 5 single frequencies or all at once(multi-IQ), fast recovery speed, wireless, lightweight, waterproof. I don't think there's much doubt it will eclipse the AT Pro Max and the Nokta Impact in performance. I don't think Minelab would have unvailed it with such fanfare or at all if they didn't think it would more than compete with these machines. What I'm hoping for is can it be effectively a Deus with superior Id at depth. If field testing proves this, then really, Wow! Especially at this price range.

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: September 16, 2017 04:14PM
chipper97
The Equinox(especially the 800) looks like it could be a real performer. The specs are certainly there. Choice of 5 single frequencies or all at once(multi-IQ), fast recovery speed, wireless, lightweight, waterproof. I don't think there's much doubt it will eclipse the AT Pro Max and the Nokta Impact in performance. I don't think Minelab would have unvailed it with such fanfare or at all if they didn't think it would more than compete with these machines. What I'm hoping for is can it be effectively a Deus with superior Id at depth. If field testing proves this, then really, Wow! Especially at this price range.

On the video of the release i heard 1 man say its good on target i.d. all the way down its depth , air test or in ground .

A must have .

The Deus is history now , XP have seen the Tiger reawaken .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Date: September 16, 2017 04:46PM
Heck yeah then, we're good to go!

Date: September 16, 2017 04:52PM
chipper97
Heck yeah then, we're good to go!

With an 11 inch coil and 2 others coming it should be real good .
Not sure it will reach the max depth of the ET or CTX ? maybe ?? but i will be happy with nearly as good and at the price we cant expect everything .
I really cant wait now , 3 months to wait Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Date: September 16, 2017 05:46PM
Yeah, I'm champing at the bit too. But the wait will give some time to shake out any bugs and confirm it's capabilities. Not to mention time to gather funds!:cheers:

Posted by: Blank Planet
Date: September 16, 2017 09:13PM
its fun to read everyone's thoughts..

no info yet to get me excited if they said it can tell aluminium from gold then my ears would listen up but of as this point I know it can hit a coin in the air that's it, all the rest is fluff.

BP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 09:15PM by Blank Planet.

Date: September 17, 2017 03:38AM
Blank Planet
its fun to read everyone's thoughts..

no info yet to get me excited if they said it can tell aluminium from gold then my ears would listen up but of as this point I know it can hit a coin in the air that's it, all the rest is fluff.

BP

That is a comment either from a newbie to the hobby or someone who is taking the Piddle :biggrin:

Aluminium "UK" is mostly a high tone on minelab's and Gold can be anywhere from very low to high tone depending on size and shape.

For £850 you wont get a machine that will say Gold or whatever else . Its all about luck and the thrill of the search .

This will be a big game changer if it has a good capability but if its great Minelab is going to shoot ahead of all competition for quite a while . Especially if this is only the beginning .

Posted by: Blank Planet
Date: September 17, 2017 12:13PM
not sure that even makes sense :unsure:

gold comes in everywhere but no detector can tell you if its gold or not? so why all the excitement its just another detector it goes beep and we get down and find what it was beeping at, if you have a detector just go beepin, diggin and finding..

no magic wands out there just hard work..

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 17, 2017 12:49PM
Blank Planet
not sure that even makes sense :unsure:

gold comes in everywhere but no detector can tell you if its gold or not? so why all the excitement its just another detector it goes beep and we get down and find what it was beeping at, if you have a detector just go beepin, diggin and finding..

no magic wands out there just hard work..

That's right Blank Planet. All these different detectors have one thing in common: They put out a frequency. Some have faster response between ferrous and conductive targets, some have slightly better depth.
But in the end, the TID detectors are pretty much all the same. Some just do the job a little better than others. My old DFX can probably run circles around some of these newer detectors.

I'm waiting for a detector that 100% ignores all iron to the point where there is no falsing at all. It may need to be beyond the technology of Minelab's multi-freq. detectors. Until then, we purchasers get taken.

Posted by: nagant
Date: September 17, 2017 02:36PM
This link was posted already but after the speed test they lay a long thin piece of iron down by the coins. It's an air test but pretty good. https://youtu.be/-yKHpUiHQZc

Date: September 17, 2017 02:50PM
nagant
This link was posted already but after the speed test they lay a long thin piece of iron down by the coins. It's an air test but pretty good. https://youtu.be/-yKHpUiHQZc

It will turn out to be a good machine , though with most i bet it will have issues to iron out , hopefully before release. If any.

Posted by: metalpopper
Date: September 22, 2017 12:44PM
Nuke em
Easy really . The ET and i suppose any of the FBS machines have the best beach capability of any detector other than a PI .
And as for their target i.d are the best by far.
They can i.d. a target by tone alone if your good enough, other machines you just get a buzz mostly , whether it be a low or high buzz its still a buzz.
The FBS machines have numbers , and the ET/ CTX and late Explorer's have Ferrous and conduct numbers which are accurate to a reasonable depth .
The discrimination capability is second to none with their screen display.
They may be heavy and getting on CTX excepted but they can easily hold their own in almost any place land or beach.
No other make has their capability all round .
Cintitomcat used the word turd first and i thought well why not !
I have used Garrett's the AT Pro one of them but there is no way they can match an ET . Though maximum depth is not included as i dont judge a machine on depth like so many do.

But the E-Trac is pulse induction.....It transmits a repetitive pulse train. P.I.

It's receiver is Time domain.

matt

Date: September 22, 2017 07:48PM
metalpopper
Nuke em
Easy really . The ET and i suppose any of the FBS machines have the best beach capability of any detector other than a PI .
And as for their target i.d are the best by far.
They can i.d. a target by tone alone if your good enough, other machines you just get a buzz mostly , whether it be a low or high buzz its still a buzz.
The FBS machines have numbers , and the ET/ CTX and late Explorer's have Ferrous and conduct numbers which are accurate to a reasonable depth .
The discrimination capability is second to none with their screen display.
They may be heavy and getting on CTX excepted but they can easily hold their own in almost any place land or beach.
No other make has their capability all round .
Cintitomcat used the word turd first and i thought well why not !
I have used Garrett's the AT Pro one of them but there is no way they can match an ET . Though maximum depth is not included as i dont judge a machine on depth like so many do.

But the E-Trac is pulse induction.....It transmits a repetitive pulse train. P.I.

It's receiver is Time domain.

matt

The ET is FBS and the same as the CTX . It has Discrimination and PI machines dont have that .

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: September 29, 2017 05:45AM
I read or heard from several different sources that the XP Deus was out selling the Minelab machines by 10 to 1 in Europe.
The days of 5 to 6 lb. metal detectors is coming to a close - many people in this hobby are older and they just can't swing the heavy machines all day.

I hope Minelab's new Equinox is a success - good luck to everyone that buys one !

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login