Date: September 16, 2017 04:56AM
cz70pro
Tony N (Michigan)
cz70pro
Nuke em
cz70pro
Nuke em
cintitomcat
Lets hope for some new technology or maybe an updated E-trac. That would make that At Max look like a turd.

Compared to the ET the AT max is a turd anyway .

I have been told by someone that Minelab is worried about Garrett !
So if they have made yet another mistake with the new machine Minelab might have to start s4!77ing bricks .

Minelab needs to get this new machine right .

Surprised it has stayed secret for so long , they are learning .

An affordable waterproof FBS machine would be nice. If they are worried about Garrett, the AT series makes up pretty much all of their sales. Doubt they are losing sleep over the GTI.

The worry is what makes me think the new Minelab is a replacement for the Terra and not the ET . Maybe the new machine is not up to it ? Maybe minelab / Codan are starting to think all those people they made redundant over the last few years was a wrong move . I think most of us already know this.
Roll on late tomorrow .

I kind of doubt it will be an E-Trac replacement as I would think that type of machine would eat into CTX sales.You may be correct about it being a mid-level machine like the Terra series.

It would be nice if Minelab made an ultralight CTX or E-trac like the Deus.
Minelab must think all Americans are weight lifters or super human. The weight of their machines disenfranchise people who are just not that strong to swing an E-trac or Explorer or CTX.
In my younger days, when I was like the Hulk, swinging the Explorer all day was no problem. But as I get older, I realize I don't have the stamina I used to have.

Don't you have a Deus? If so, do you like it? Thought I saw you in that forum. I really think that will be the next machine I get as well as an AT just for getting in the water. Of course it would be pretty simple to use the Deus in the water although I never see anyone doing it.
Yes, I have a Deus. So far I like it. I am still learning it though. I am more used to the Explorers and E-trac. I also have a Detech 14kHz Chaser. So far it has found my deepest coin ever, a buffalo on my property almost as deep as my elbow and that, with a 9 inch coil. I also have a 7" and 10x12 for it as well.

Re: Weekend UK Rally
Posted by: Nuke em
Date: September 16, 2017 05:11AM
Interesting . And pricy i bet.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 16, 2017 05:13AM
Nuke em
Interesting . And pricy i bet.
Two versions, a 600 for around $600.00 which doesn't have prospecting mode. The 800 which goes for around $800.00 has the additional prospecting mode.

Posted by: Blank Planet
Date: September 16, 2017 05:35AM
Posted by: Blank Planet
Date: September 16, 2017 05:40AM
if this really runs 3 or 4 freq's at a time might be nice salt wet beach detector, anyway time will tell as they say how the new IQ tech works and now we get feed piecemeal as per CTX release.

BP

Posted by: EtracTom-AdirondacksNY
Date: September 16, 2017 07:19AM
From what I read on it, it can be run at one of several choices of frequencies or a normal multi fbs frequency so it's up to you.

Also says waterproof and looks like it shouldn't weigh too badly. So far I like what I'm seeing and reading. Like the price too.

Posted by: cintitomcat
Date: September 16, 2017 10:11AM
Looks like we might have a winner. This may hurt At max sales. Think will see some used E-trac's and CTX's for sale and how will this detector effect there used prices?

Posted by: Daniel,SR
Date: September 16, 2017 10:20AM
Batteries built in. I do not like it

Date: September 16, 2017 11:03AM
I dont mind the built in battery provided it has a good life .
As for the multi freq capability its not only going to take Garrett sales but at the prices quoted could put people off the Deus ?
It all depend if the tones are good like the ET or Terra at giving good target i.d. . The numbers are probably similar to the Terra .
Is the coil 11 inch ? looks like the Pro coil to a point .

It may be the case that Minelab has woken up but after the last abortion "Go Find" i will be requiring proof .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: September 16, 2017 11:37AM
I'm liking it a lot. Was watching Idetect's video on You Tube and it is a very impressive machine. It has a big beautiful display that you can easily see. FBS and selectable frequencies. No need to change coils. Lightning quick processor. Most of all it is submersible and if the price point I have heard is accurate, very affordable. Looking good so far.

Date: September 16, 2017 01:21PM
cz70pro
I'm liking it a lot. Was watching Idetect's video on You Tube and it is a very impressive machine. It has a big beautiful display that you can easily see. FBS and selectable frequencies. No need to change coils. Lightning quick processor. Most of all it is submersible and if the price point I have heard is accurate, very affordable. Looking good so far.

Its not FBS it will have 5 freqs but be multi or single freq as you like .
FBS 28 freqs is what the ET and CTX has and BBS 17 freqs is what the Sovereign or Excalibur has . But this new machine will work fine , i will buy 2 as long term replacements for my older machines .

Og how the Deus is so yesterday , Minelab is back .

Posted by: cintitomcat
Date: September 16, 2017 02:43PM
Already has its own forum. WOW. Hopefully we won't have to wait 4 months to see these on the shelf like that other new detector. This definitely could kill there sales with the prices I saw on these 2 models.

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: September 16, 2017 02:57PM
Nuke em
cz70pro

FBS 28 freqs is what the ET and CTX has and BBS 17 freqs is what the Sovereign or Excalibur has . But this new machine will work fine , i will buy 2 as long term replacements for my older machines .

You're right. It has the multi-frequency setting.

Date: September 16, 2017 03:00PM
cz70pro
Nuke em
cz70pro

You're right. It has the multi-frequency setting.

I am well gagging for one now .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login