Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Snagged this today with my new E-trac on the farm where I live after work
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: September 23, 2017 12:32PM
Tony,Sensitivity run that high can see deeper but sees everything else too. I'll suggest the next time you get a similar signal,switch to Auto to clean it up. High Manual Sensitivity can do what you saw,depending on the surrounding items. Auto will tame it so you can better determine what you have. Not saying running like that is "wrong"....but sometimes less is more,believe it or not. You have to see it for yourself. Just MHO

Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: September 23, 2017 03:45PM
IDXMonster
Tony,Sensitivity run that high can see deeper but sees everything else too. I'll suggest the next time you get a similar signal,switch to Auto to clean it up. High Manual Sensitivity can do what you saw,depending on the surrounding items. Auto will tame it so you can better determine what you have. Not saying running like that is "wrong"....but sometimes less is more,believe it or not. You have to see it for yourself. Just MHO
I agree. I went back to that part of the yard this morning running in Auto but didn't get anymore goodies . . . yet. :-)

Posted by: diggervance
Date: September 23, 2017 04:53PM
Hey Tony,

You keep this up and you will kill your old silver record. lol

Nice job I knew you would take to that e-trac

Rick

Posted by: Dale(Ia)
Date: September 23, 2017 05:45PM
99% of the time I use the stock coil & very slow......Just works for me!:shrug:

Iowa Dale

Posted by: diggervance
Date: September 23, 2017 06:30PM
I USE A LARGER COIL JUST TO BUILD MY ARM UP SO WHEN I GO BACK TO THE STOCK COIL I CAN SWING FOR A FEW MORE HOURS. LOL

THE STOCK COIL IN MY OPION IS HARD TO BEAT.

Date: September 23, 2017 07:24PM
diggervance
Hey Tony,

You keep this up and you will kill your old silver record. lol

Nice job I knew you would take to that e-trac

Rick

The Etrac certainly isn't an Explorer. But it sure loves silver. I just wish I had gotten an E-trac when they first came out. Can't cry over spilled coins though.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: September 23, 2017 08:00PM
Can't cry over spilled coins especially when you're starting to get that thing dialed in! I'm sure you've kicked the SNOT out of that farm and to still be finding them is quite a feat. That's some good hunting Tony...

Date: September 24, 2017 08:21PM
IDXMonster
Can't cry over spilled coins especially when you're starting to get that thing dialed in! I'm sure you've kicked the SNOT out of that farm and to still be finding them is quite a feat. That's some good hunting Tony...

Yea, I've pounded it pretty hard with many different detectors for many years. This E-trac is really helping me find goodies. Hopefully it will open up more.

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: October 03, 2017 09:56AM
Nice Merc Tony!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login