Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Saturday Morning hunt
Posted by: diggervance
Date: September 23, 2017 10:45AM
Hello Guys,

I haven't been out much I thinks this might be my third hunt in a month and then the heat ended it early ( 83 degrees at 10:45 in late September)
Anyway, I maneged to get a 46 rosie and a 46 wheat penny out of the same hole at about 8 inches and a 1926 buff at about the same depth about 30 min later. I am amazed I found anything with the ground as dry as it is here in Michigan. They are calling for temps to drop and maybe rain by mid next week.

Thanks for looking and H.H.

Re: Saturday Morning hunt
Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: September 23, 2017 11:59AM
Nice finds, Rick! Was that a strange signal with the penny and dime in the same hole?

Date: September 23, 2017 12:26PM
Hey Tony,

Good hearing from you.

When the weather breaks and we get some moisture in the ground I would like to meet up and hunt again.

I was hunting a spot I have been pounding all summer so it's getting to the point of digging all weird signal's. The buffalo was in a hole with the top of a square nail. Not even sure why I dug it but it paid off you just never know.

As far as the penny and dime I don't think it was anything out of the norm. It was a week signal at about 8 inches because the ground was so dry. Went into the hunt looking to dig things I wouldn't normally dig.

Rick

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: September 23, 2017 12:41PM
Great finds DV. Next weekend we will have a high of 71 and rain in the forecast. Can't wait to dig in some soft ground and not sweat bullets. HH

Date: September 23, 2017 03:43PM
diggervance
Hey Tony,

Good hearing from you.

When the weather breaks and we get some moisture in the ground I would like to meet up and hunt again.

I was hunting a spot I have been pounding all summer so it's getting to the point of digging all weird signal's. The buffalo was in a hole with the top of a square nail. Not even sure why I dug it but it paid off you just never know.

As far as the penny and dime I don't think it was anything out of the norm. It was a week signal at about 8 inches because the ground was so dry. Went into the hunt looking to dig things I wouldn't normally dig.

Rick
Sounds like a good plan.
Very nice. I'm always amazed when I dig a very strange signal and get something good. Are you still using that larger coil?

Date: September 23, 2017 04:51PM
Hey Tony,
Went back to the stock coil

Rick

Date: September 23, 2017 05:01PM
cz70pro
Great finds DV. Next weekend we will have a high of 71 and rain in the forecast. Can't wait to dig in some soft ground and not sweat bullets. HH

It's been so hot that I've been detecting the bullets I've sweated.

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: September 23, 2017 05:09PM
Tony (Michigan)
cz70pro

LOL. Luckily, I have been sweating Civil War bullets when I have been out lately.

Date: September 23, 2017 07:45PM
cz70pro
Tony (Michigan)
cz70pro

LOL. Luckily, I have been sweating Civil War bullets when I have been out lately.

When I sweat 3 ringers, I wring the sweat out of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login