Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Just think if I knew how to use this E-Trac
Posted by: WV62
Date: September 29, 2017 01:41PM
Went to a small park that I hadn't hunted since 2013. The morning half of the hunt didn't turn up any good finds. During the second half of the day I remember a set of open type bleachers that I poked a coil under back in 2013 and found a wheat penny. Thinking the E-Trac may do a little better I walked over there and when I got there the bleachers had been removed and the bank they were built on was now grass.

I hunted about 2/3's of that bank and got some clad and a wheat penny. Then I hit one silver dime and just a couple of swings later another silver dime. So I went and got my brother on the other side of the park to help me get all that silver out of there.

I put him on the 1/3 that I hadn't hunted and I started hunting the area that I had just hunted in a different direction. On my second pass I was right back close to where I found the dimes and I got another hit and out came the half $. Glad I found the half but how did I miss it my first time over that area it was only about 3" deep.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Re: Just think if I knew how to use this E-Trac
Posted by: cz70pro
Date: September 29, 2017 03:35PM
That is just awesome Ron! Huge congrats on the silver and the 1937 S Walker half. Always a thrill to see a Walker come out of the ground. They don't come around very often.

HH

Greg

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: September 29, 2017 04:50PM
Yes congrats Ron way to go! I hope your brother was able to pull out some silver as well!

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: September 29, 2017 05:11PM
Congrats on the walker Ron!
It is easier to miss stuff than you think when you don't pattern a site.
A detecting buddy and I pounded a site for hours couple years ago and got mercs and other old coins.
right before we left he ran into a 4 inch walker right in that area and we were both perplexed how we didn't hit it earlier.

Posted by: Elton
Date: September 29, 2017 05:21PM
quote " Just think if I knew how to use this E-Trac "

Answer :You would be a menace to WV ..LOL hahahahha See I told you that machine was going to find silver.....

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: September 29, 2017 05:49PM
floodplaindetector
Congrats on the walker Ron!
It is easier to miss stuff than you think when you don't pattern a site.
A detecting buddy and I pounded a site for hours couple years ago and got mercs and other old coins.
right before we left he ran into a 4 inch walker right in that area and we were both perplexed how we didn't hit it earlier.

This^^^^. The next time you get a signal sweep it from two angles and try to look at the ground to see how many square inches in which the signal actually comes in. Once you realize that,then you will know that you need to GRID a site,which is a "pattern". Being as that the FBS with its multi freq operation leans toward finding higher conductors,they just "hit" copper and silver better,IMO. I've seen it,I use it,I'm at 85 silver coins for 2017. Nuff said!
The more you swing it,the more pictures you'll be taking,and the ones above are dandys! Congrats on a great hunt!

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: September 29, 2017 06:33PM
Yeah, by the time I got over to this sight that etrac had sucked up all the silver! LOL. A three silver year isn't that bad around here so a three silver day is like winning the lottery.
It was late in the day when Ron found this honey hole so you can bet our next hunt we'll get back over there at this site and turn that ground radio active before we move on.
When Ron first got this etrac he was a lost ball in high weeds trying to figure it out, not so much anymore and believe me he's still learning. Hope I can keep up with my f5, it's going to be fun trying.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: September 29, 2017 06:41PM
still looking 52
Yeah, by the time I got over to this sight that etrac had sucked up all the silver! LOL. A three silver year isn't that bad around here so a three silver day is like winning the lottery.
It was late in the day when Ron found this honey hole so you can bet our next hunt we'll get back over there at this site and turn that ground radio active before we move on.
When Ron first got this etrac he was a lost ball in high weeds trying to figure it out, not so much anymore and believe me he's still learning. Hope I can keep up with my f5, it's going to be fun trying.

Lost ball in high weeds...:lol: Been there done that! It's great to see guys enjoying the time together.

Posted by: Tired Rooster
Date: September 29, 2017 08:19PM
Really awesome finds. Makes me want to go back and hit some older spots I hit in the past before I got my E- Trac. Congrats!!!

slightly north of central Alabama

Minelab Etrac
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Tesoro DeLeon
Tesoro Silver uMax
Garrett Pro Pointer
Grey Ghost head phones

Posted by: WV62
Date: September 29, 2017 10:00PM
Thanks guys,

At best we only get one day a week to hunt, but when we return to that bank we have a bunch of flags to mark off sections.

I was actually using my foot prints in the grass for a grid yesterday, but sometimes it looked like I had one to many.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

I think you know your E-trac good enough :beers:N/T
Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: September 30, 2017 06:35AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: October 03, 2017 09:54AM
Way to go! Gotta love digging those Walkers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login