Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Old gold
Posted by: utmike
Date: October 15, 2017 09:39PM
Good day for gold! My wife got a $5.00 half eagle that's posted on the today's finds forum. I managed this 9kt. 5.4 gram pendant at the same site. The TID was a 12-25.

The hallmarks are from England, 1902.

Re: Old gold
Posted by: pan4au
Date: October 15, 2017 10:18PM
Congrats to your wife for the half eagle.. I really like your pendant.. it has a lot of character. It's quite an unique find.. Congrats..

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Tesoro Cibola Gound balance modded
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: October 16, 2017 11:05AM
Wow Mike. That is a stunning piece! Must have been a heart stopper! Congrats to your wife as well. I would say HH but I think you both will be plenty happy for some time to come. lol

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: October 16, 2017 03:59PM
utmike
Good day for gold! My wife got a $5.00 half eagle that's posted on the today's finds forum. I managed this 9kt. 5.4 gram pendant at the same site. The TID was a 12-25.

The hallmarks are from England, 1902.

That is just amazingly beautiful! Congratulations, utmike! Stunning find! And your wife's find is stunning too!

Posted by: diggervance
Date: October 16, 2017 04:33PM
Hey U 2,

How do you top a day like that?

Congrats on two outstanding finds

D.V.

diggervance

2017 totals

28- silver

2- V nickel

14- buffalo nickels

4- silver jewelry

3- I.H.

Favorit Finds

Civil War Martingale Shield, Civil War Gen.Mcclellan Dog Tag, W.W. 1 Canadian Dog Tag, W.W. 2 Navy & Marine Gold and Silver Aviator Wings, Victoria Young 1838-1887 Six Pence love token, Complete 1880s to 1910 Lansing Mich. Captains Fireman Badge, 1890O Morgan Dollar

Detectors
E trac , EXPLORER XS Explorer set up with 5 inch Sunray coil for trashy areas and woods hunting

Handheld-Makro pinpointer, Headphones Killer B "Wasp

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: October 16, 2017 06:24PM
Good for the goose,good for the gander.. totally awesome finds...congrats..

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: October 16, 2017 08:14PM
Absolutely stunning find Mike! I bet the moment you saw that is frozen in your mind.
Off the charts find by your wife also.
Congrats to both of you.

Dave

Posted by: utmike
Date: October 17, 2017 11:53AM
Thank you guys for the comments! I consider myself an intermediate with the E-TRAC at best. I have admired all of your posts and finds on this forum and view you all as the top tier hunters here. That really makes your comments meaningful to me!

It was a pretty great day indeed... I'll never forget Lisa finding that gold coin. My gold find was just a bonus to the day. It was a funny site, a 1900's construction tear down where we( four of us) were given special permission to hunt inside the locked gate/fence. The anticipation was high getting ready for the trip but when we arrived, the place was full of fill dirt and concrete like ground thanks to the rolling machinery. The first hour was a bust with just a few zinkers to show for our efforts. We were about to bag it when I found a little "hot zone with a rosie, merc, and a few wheats. We concentrated on that area and it gave up a few more keepers, nothing older than the 40's. Then, Lisa popped out that half eagle, iffy high pull tab signal! I can honestly say that for the rest of the day, none of us left a signal unchecked and dug like a pack of starving badgers! Everyone got at least one good find and learned a lot about keeping an open mind/screen!

Thank you again and HH!

mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2017 11:56AM by utmike.

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: October 17, 2017 12:25PM
utmike
Thank you guys for the comments! I consider myself an intermediate with the E-TRAC at best. I have admired all of your posts and finds on this forum and view you all as the top tier hunters here. That really makes your comments meaningful to me!

It was a pretty great day indeed... I'll never forget Lisa finding that gold coin. My gold find was just a bonus to the day. It was a funny site, a 1900's construction tear down where we( four of us) were given special permission to hunt inside the locked gate/fence. The anticipation was high getting ready for the trip but when we arrived, the place was full of fill dirt and concrete like ground thanks to the rolling machinery. The first hour was a bust with just a few zinkers to show for our efforts. We were about to bag it when I found a little "hot zone with a rosie, merc, and a few wheats. We concentrated on that area and it gave up a few more keepers, nothing older than the 40's. Then, Lisa popped out that half eagle, iffy high pull tab signal! I can honestly say that for the rest of the day, none of us left a signal unchecked and dug like a pack of starving badgers! Everyone got at least one good find and learned a lot about keeping an open mind/screen!

Thank you again and HH!

mike

Yep, dig it ALL. You just never know.....

Old gold
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 17, 2017 11:30PM
Very Nice Mike, Congrats to both of you. Very cool looking pendant. Been a while since I've turned up any sizeable gold.

Rich (Utah)

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: October 19, 2017 06:32AM
Really nice finds! I was just 3 months in with my etrac when I found my half eagle 1911 I was so excited ...

Posted by: E-TRAC-OHIO
Date: October 20, 2017 04:44AM
A great find - congrats !

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: Drakester
Date: October 28, 2017 02:53PM
Excellent find!

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: October 28, 2017 05:08PM
incredible finds! Congrats to your wife as well!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login