Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Ring found and returned
Posted by: sd51
Date: October 22, 2017 05:21PM
My wife and I are vacationing in the Florida panhandle. I do some fishing and detecting of the beaches. I was working a beach yesterday at sunrise (less people around) and was asked by a young man if I could look for a sterling ring his friend's daughter lost. I of course said yes, and asked where they thought it was lost. His wife then came over and helped nail down a large area luckily all on the dry beach. I gridded it off and dragged my feet after every pass to see where I had already covered. On about the last pass, I finally get a signal (the only signal) that was a 12-41. I reached down and found the ring.

I motioned them over and they weren't sure if that was the right ring but they quickly took a picture and texted it to the girl's father who was still in his condo. He confirmed it was the ring so everyone was happy. I didn't bring my phone with so I didn't get a picture. Always a good feeling when you can help someone get their ring back!

Re: Ring found and returned
Posted by: WV62
Date: October 22, 2017 05:54PM
Way to go, nice recovery.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: October 22, 2017 06:46PM
Awesome job SD

Posted by: Dale(Ia)
Date: October 22, 2017 07:57PM
Good Karma!

Iowa Dale

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 23, 2017 12:31AM
Always a good feeling to help others. :thumb-up:

Rich

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Good deed done.N/T
Posted by: Chris(SoCenWI)
Date: October 23, 2017 01:03AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: utmike
Date: October 23, 2017 11:44AM
Great story! Love to hear about detectorists shedding a good light on the hobby. Thank you!

Posted by: diggervance
Date: October 26, 2017 04:19PM
Hey sd51.

There is no better felling then returning a lost ring.

I found and returned a class ring that had been lost for 54 years and the tears that filled the old gals eyes is something that I will never forget.

Two years after returning the ring the lady had put a public thank you in the news paper that caught me completely off guard truly a magic moment,

Nice job!
D.V.

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: October 27, 2017 08:29AM
Great return sd51. Good job!

Years ago I found an inscribed 12K gold bracelet about 120 miles from home. I recognized the last name and it somehow turned out to be my co-worker's uncle!
It turned out the former owner was 87 years old and now lived in Omaha, NE within 20 miles of where my brother lives.
We arranged a meeting where my wife and I returned it to him and took some pics.
He mentioned it was lost around 1948 and he never saw the girl again after that summer.
We all got a chuckle when his wife laughingly said "This is the first time I ever heard that story.."

Dave

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: October 27, 2017 09:00AM
Great story and way to go on helping out!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login