Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
"Made In Ireland"
Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: October 31, 2017 10:12AM
How can you tell if it's one made in Ireland? Mine was touted to be one of them but how can I really tell?

Re: "Made In Ireland"
Posted by: shwebb
Date: October 31, 2017 10:34AM
I sent an email to Minelab Australia with my serial # and they sent me an email back saying the serial # shows it was made in Ireland. I sent it to US service and they didn't know
Steve

Date: October 31, 2017 06:52PM
Here is there email

service@minelab.com.au

Date: October 31, 2017 07:24PM
serial # is on the back of display module just above where the shaft goes in.

"Made In Ireland" . . .is there a real premium warranted?
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: November 01, 2017 02:48PM
This debate raged several years ago when Plexus became the source of Minelab units . . . . bottom line is the same specs are applied to the units made in Malaysia as well as the QC before shipping then was used in Ireland. As far as a difference in performance or longevity, there is none. There are people with Ireland-made units that have had issues galore and those that have Malaysian units with not a lick of trouble.

The E-Trac was released in 2008 and in 2010, production was shifted to Malaysia with the contract with Plexus. So at this point unless you find a cream puff that was only used in the local park by a little old lady on Sundays, any E-Trac that was built in Ireland will be 7+ years old. I still have my original Explorer XS from 2000 that still finds targets but it is no spring chicken after 17 years of use . . . . and having seen some Explorers and even E-Tracs at hunts, many owners are not delicate in how they maintain them . . . so the fact that they are still working as intended speaks volumes to how they wee built in EITHER location.

Paying a premium for one built 7+ years ago in Ireland is a touch one to justify

Andy

Posted by: thE-TRACker
Date: November 01, 2017 03:48PM
This is located on the box end panel .

Re: "Made In Ireland" . . .is there a real premium warranted?
Posted by: Tired Rooster
Date: November 01, 2017 09:31PM
Andy Sabisch
This debate raged several years ago when Plexus became the source of Minelab units . . . . bottom line is the same specs are applied to the units made in Malaysia as well as the QC before shipping then was used in Ireland. As far as a difference in performance or longevity, there is none. There are people with Ireland-made units that have had issues galore and those that have Malaysian units with not a lick of trouble.

The E-Trac was released in 2008 and in 2010, production was shifted to Malaysia with the contract with Plexus. So at this point unless you find a cream puff that was only used in the local park by a little old lady on Sundays, any E-Trac that was built in Ireland will be 7+ years old. I still have my original Explorer XS from 2000 that still finds targets but it is no spring chicken after 17 years of use . . . . and having seen some Explorers and even E-Tracs at hunts, many owners are not delicate in how they maintain them . . . so the fact that they are still working as intended speaks volumes to how they wee built in EITHER location.

Paying a premium for one built 7+ years ago in Ireland is a touch one to justify

Andy

Absolutely!!! Very well said.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: November 03, 2017 06:39AM
It will say that it was made in Ireland right on the original box if the unit comes with box mine does like stated above mine was a closet queen so its like new ...

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 07, 2017 10:50PM
5900_XL-1
How can you tell if it's one made in Ireland? Mine was touted to be one of them but how can I really tell?

Irish Made? First thing you'll notice is that the TONES have a different Accent.

:rofl:

Rich -

easiest way I've seen is the shipping carton, as shown above.

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: November 10, 2017 06:31PM
Mkus
It will say that it was made in Ireland right on the original box if the unit comes with box mine does like stated above mine was a closet queen so its like new ...

So, what if the seller of this used Etrac, has a Minelab box with a "Made in Ireland", which it does. A box simply stating Ireland means nothing if there is no correlation between the actual Ser# om both the machine and the box.

This surely isn't so hard to explain

Posted by: thE-TRACker
Date: November 10, 2017 07:40PM
Not so hard to understand or explain. If a seller has a used E.Trac and a box , they probably came together. I guess some unscrupulous person could put a Malaysian unit into an Ireland box but seems unlikely since the Malaysian unit is probably newer . And what would stop someone from changing serial numbers ? Seems like a lot of bother just to say a machine is Irish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login