Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Etrac weight
Posted by: mrcolin2u
Date: November 02, 2017 01:33PM
I'm used to using a lightweight tesoro and my Excalibur is usually in the water. Does anyone find the Etrac heavy to use or is it balanced enough not to notice ??
thanks
Colin

Re: Etrac weight
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: November 02, 2017 02:50PM
The E-trac is NOT balanced well. Some have no problem, but most have trouble. I couldn't hunt more than a couple hours without a harness on it.

Posted by: sd51
Date: November 02, 2017 05:37PM
Agree with Jason, I have been using an 8x6 coil which feels much lighter than the stock 11" coil.

Posted by: Tired Rooster
Date: November 02, 2017 07:28PM
Is definitely heavy compared to any Tesoro. And no it's not really well balanced either.
But it is one really great machine that will find the goods.

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: November 02, 2017 07:42PM
It's an heavy/unbalanced ole turd---but---OH MY can it find the silver!!!-----I love the thing dearly (just wish it at least had better balance).

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: November 02, 2017 08:05PM
The e-series are not the most perfectly ergonomic things made,but as Del said...you'll find a way to cope if it's all that's in your budget and you want to find silver on a regular basis. Even though I use the CTX most of the time,my Explorer2 will find it also,just not QUITE as easily. But ALOT more easily than anything else I've used...
Using the actual STRAP that goes through the cuff helps enormously,because now the entire arm can help support it.
IF you get one,and you are diligent about learning it,after you see what it can do you'll find a way to lug it around.:smile:

Posted by: pan4au
Date: November 02, 2017 08:30PM
sd51
Agree with Jason, I have been using an 8x6 coil which feels much lighter than the stock 11" coil.
I also use the 8x6 coil makes it easier to swing.

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Tesoro Cibola Gound balance modded
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Posted by: Mkus
Date: November 03, 2017 06:42AM
It is heavy my tennis elbow acts up when I swing mine get a RNB battery that will drop some weight.

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: November 03, 2017 05:45PM
Swinging the E-Trac weight wise would be about the same as swinging two or maybe two and a half of those Tesoro's at the same time.

Mark

Posted by: WV62
Date: November 03, 2017 09:14PM
I have a sling that I use on my other detectors. Once I got the E-trac it didn't take long for me to see the sling needed help. I added a second bungee for the E-trac and that seemed get things under control for me.

But I am 69 years old.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: November 06, 2017 07:25PM
The weight is my only complaint also,I usually sell it after awhile,then miss it and get another.The Etrac is that good in my opinion. You can either have a light weight machine and mediocre performance and target ID ,,or put up with a little weight and have great performance and great ID..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login