Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Eclipse 950 Coil Question
Posted by: david1962hd
Date: March 12, 2010 11:08AM
I am going to Pensacola Beach this weekend and try to do a little searching, My question is; Is the eclipse 950 coil best for "Beach Hunting" or the stock 10" coil?
I'm sure both will do fine, I just wanted someone else's opinion.

Re: Eclipse 950 Coil Question
Posted by: Neil in West Jersey
Date: March 12, 2010 01:12PM
There are pros and cons. You get better coverage with each sweep with the D2 because of it's blade like search pattern which runs down the center from the front tip to the rear. Less overlapping with each pass is necessary than with the 9.5 inch coil. Theoretically the D2 should be better in the wet salt sand, but I have not used it under those conditions.

In my experience the 950 goes a bit deeper and is more sensitive to small items such as gold charms and other small jewelry. This can certainly be an advantage at the beach.

My suggestion is that you work the beach with either coil, and then go back and work the same beach with another coil. Then report back to us so that we know what to do next time in that situation. :detecting:

Have fun!

http://freewebs.com/neilinwestjersey

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: March 12, 2010 04:39PM
Past posts indicate that the 950 conical works better and quieter in the low mineralized beaches.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i, :whites: Pro XL :tesoro: Cibola/modified

Posted by: david1962hd
Date: March 12, 2010 05:42PM
I used the 10" stock coil a couple of weeks ago on Pensacola Beach and it ran very quiet, I was using the coin and jewelry program, since then I purchased the 950 coil because of the past posts.
I will just try it and see, can't hurt.
THANKS GUYS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login