Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Can v3i be set deeper than preset coin & jewelry program?
Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: May 15, 2017 02:03AM
PanhandlePoorBoy
Whew... I'm thinking of purchasing a V3i... but I donno... all this sounds more complicated than Chinese Checkers.

It's complex but that's why it's the best machine nothing touches it in the hands of the right person.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: May 15, 2017 11:52AM
The V3i is a programmable detector, if you don't want to "program", the VX3 may be the better choice for you.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: PostalTwo
Date: May 29, 2017 06:31AM
5900_XL-1
quicksilver
Hopefully I don't start an argument, but here was my depth solution. I had a v3i and loved it, but never really got silver dimes past 6", so my local whites dealer hooked me up with a mxt pro with a 13" detech. Depth issue solved. I also have the mx sport now, it's way deeper than my v ever was and much easier to use. The v just wasn't for me. If you know how to tune the v, I'm sure it's great, but not everyone can. I couldn't and I tried for three years. Now armed with the mxt pro and sport, nothing gets left behind, nothing. Just my opinion.

I have run my V3i for 6 years and I have to agree...depth lacks with it when going beyond 6 inches for VID on coins, Oddly though, it sees pull tabs and screw caps, and last but certainly not least, rusty nails when "saying it is coins" deep. It's hard to undertand how the V struggles with coins past 6 inches. Maybe I need to invest in the MXT Pro too.
the v certainly isn't for everyone . I have 0 issue with deep coin on my v . 6 years and your still having issues with that machine . It might be time for u to sell and move on bro.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login