Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Can v3i be set deeper than preset coin & jewelry program?
Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: October 05, 2010 03:00PM
At this point we believe that's the way it works. However, that's not the way it's being done on another forum. Rob

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Posted by: yazoo
Date: October 05, 2010 03:36PM
Rob ,Are you talking about your Guru buddies again?:wiggle: I too have went back to zero rejection.Didn't seem to help anything with the ground balance area of rejection.
LOL Yazoo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 03:39PM by yazoo.

Posted by: yellow1053
Date: October 05, 2010 04:17PM
yazoo
Not Rob ,but it goes like this.Go 2 ground tracking ,thenZoom,thenzero in air then lower to the ground for the number. Is on page 21 of manual bottom right. H.H. Yazoo

Awesome, thanks Yazoo!
Jim

Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: October 05, 2010 04:43PM
Yep, Anne set me straight. Hey, but if we didn't try things how would we learn? Glad to see you back in the middle of things. Rob

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Date: October 05, 2010 07:34PM
Thanks Rob.I am starting to get out a little more so long as I have a side kick. Not making any earth shattering finds though,Locations so far have not been panning
out real well. Yazoo

Date: October 08, 2010 01:17AM
rcasio44
I beg to differ, I see nothing special with the programs posted there. I'd have to say my programs don't match theirs. In one case I don't run RX 15 and boost and always look for coins only. I also don't use the 6x10 coil as my main coil, and actually don't think the D2 is a crap coil. Their consensus is they don't use the D2, I do. I just think too many people are blindly following them without considering that the soil the two main guys have don't match their conditions. This is my MHO. I am not saying what they say is wrong, it's just not right for everyone.

But for better results you might post over on the Whites forum. Please explain why?

I like to run my programs hot, you have to adjust to your conditions. I start with Hi Pro but it won't make any difference.

The main thing is to run as hot as you can as long as you run stable. I run:

Rx = 13 All Metal = 70 Discrimination = 90 - 94. (Disc higher than theirs)
Ground Filter = 5 band pass I swing slow and the 5 band is deep and good for EMI
Recovery 80 - 100 45 in trash but not when I am looking deep. (higher than theirs)
Frequency 3 frequency
Track autotrac = 15 or locktrac

I set +95 and +94 to zero tone
I reject -95 to -81 and set to zero tone (as per Yazoo)
I accept -80 through +93 (these following tones are for my ears.)
I set -80 through -1 to a tone of 5 (as per Magic)
0 through +16 tone =150
+17, +18, +20 tone =195
+19 tone = 230
+21 though +49 tone = 150
+50 through +55 tone equals 160
+56 through +88 tone = 200
+89 through +92 tone equals 230

Right now my Stereo Mixed mode program is doing pretty good.

Rob, I was trying to set my machine similar to your settings here, but I don't have some of these options?? are these options you listed only for the V3i??
my original Vision can't set VDI's to certain tones, I also don't have a "recovery speed" setting anywhere I can find. Thanks. Jim.

Date: October 08, 2010 06:26AM
Yellow,I no longer reject any VDI's. I found it made little or no difference. Run wide open and assign a 0 to all you don't want to hear. H.H. Yazoo

Date: October 08, 2010 03:52PM
yazoo
Yellow,I no longer reject any VDI's. I found it made little or no difference. Run wide open and assign a 0 to all you don't want to hear. H.H. Yazoo

Hi yazoo,
Ok, but as I wrote above, I don't seem to have the option to even assign different tones to different VDI's. So my question was: is that a V3i only option?
as mine is an original Vision when first released.
thanks.
Jim.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: October 08, 2010 04:03PM
Tone assignment is on page 35 of your V3 owners manual. http://media.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/V3%20Manuals/v3-owners-guide.pdf

I believe it is Expert Menu, Search Audio, Tone ID Custom.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Date: October 08, 2010 07:41PM
Larry (IL)
Tone assignment is on page 35 of your V3 owners manual. http://media.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/V3%20Manuals/v3-owners-guide.pdf

I believe it is Expert Menu, Search Audio, Tone ID Custom.

Hi Larry,
I'll try that thanks.
Jim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 07:46PM by yellow1053.

Posted by: tab-nabit
Date: October 08, 2010 08:18PM
MANDAD76
Seems to me that if vdi number is rejected - then machine has to - reject/null/recover - whereas if not rejected and assisgned 0 tone - then no rejection/null/recovery time/delay - therefore less masking. Not sure that's right - just my thoughts. Interesting subject - thanks for posting! hh

I think I see what your saying here (or there).

I like AM for the response, and (on another detector) I didn't care for the recovery if I used disc. If it nulled out, I didn't like the thought of hitting another (good) target before the recovery was complete during the swing. So then I got to using and listening to all in the AM mode,otherwise it didn't seem right. Sometimes the blanking was annoying, more so than listening to all - to me anyway.

Posted by: LS hunter
Date: October 16, 2016 11:11PM
What's the pros and cons to the stock 10 inch d d coil.
I have been using the SEF 10X12 and I love the depth it gets..It goes deep to the point it surprised me....., by the way it's the black SEF 10x12 Coil and I have found quite a few nickels with it some of them at the 6 1/2 to 7-inch range..

Posted by: quicksilver
Date: October 17, 2016 03:28PM
Hopefully I don't start an argument, but here was my depth solution. I had a v3i and loved it, but never really got silver dimes past 6", so my local whites dealer hooked me up with a mxt pro with a 13" detech. Depth issue solved. I also have the mx sport now, it's way deeper than my v ever was and much easier to use. The v just wasn't for me. If you know how to tune the v, I'm sure it's great, but not everyone can. I couldn't and I tried for three years. Now armed with the mxt pro and sport, nothing gets left behind, nothing. Just my opinion.

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: October 17, 2016 09:16PM
quicksilver
Hopefully I don't start an argument, but here was my depth solution. I had a v3i and loved it, but never really got silver dimes past 6", so my local whites dealer hooked me up with a mxt pro with a 13" detech. Depth issue solved. I also have the mx sport now, it's way deeper than my v ever was and much easier to use. The v just wasn't for me. If you know how to tune the v, I'm sure it's great, but not everyone can. I couldn't and I tried for three years. Now armed with the mxt pro and sport, nothing gets left behind, nothing. Just my opinion.

I have run my V3i for 6 years and I have to agree...depth lacks with it when going beyond 6 inches for VID on coins, Oddly though, it sees pull tabs and screw caps, and last but certainly not least, rusty nails when "saying it is coins" deep. It's hard to undertand how the V struggles with coins past 6 inches. Maybe I need to invest in the MXT Pro too.

Posted by: PanhandlePoorBoy
Date: May 14, 2017 08:21PM
Whew... I'm thinking of purchasing a V3i... but I donno... all this sounds more complicated than Chinese Checkers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login