Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
VDI Chart
Posted by: mrm1955
Date: August 17, 2011 08:03AM
Anyone know where I might find a VDI chart for the V3i?

Spectra V3i , Vaquero, Tiger Shark, Ace 350, PP

Re: VDI Chart
Posted by: Cedar-Acres
Date: August 17, 2011 08:07AM
Ummm.... printed on top of the V3i itself?

Date: August 17, 2011 08:23AM
To be a little more helpful:

Take a look at the VX3 Instruction Manual / Introduction / The Basics of VLF Operation / Phase & VDI

http://media.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/V3%20Manuals/spectra_vx3_instruction_manual.pdf

Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: August 17, 2011 09:46AM
VDI Range Some Possible Targets found in this VDI Range:
-95 to - 20 Antique iron relics, Iron nails, rusty iron junk, hot rocks
-20 to 0 Small gold nuggets, gold earrings, gold chains, small bits of iron, gum wrappers, small bits of foil
0 to 15 Platinum rings, smallest gold rings, gold earrings, gold nuggets, sterling chains, larger foil pieces, gum wrappers, bits of chopped aluminum cans
15 to 30 Most gold rings, Gold nuggets, Gold $1, Nickels, oval pull tabs, bent tabs, bits of chopped aluminum cans, zipper tabs
30 to 45 Largest gold rings, larger gold nuggets, Gold $2.50, Copper Nickel cents (1856 to 1864), Silver War Nickels, most square pull tabs, iron bottle caps, small aluminum screw caps, Costume jewelry
45 to 60 Gold $5, Corroded zinc cents, 3 cent silver, zinc pot metal junk, costume jewelry, brass keys, small aluminum screw caps
60 to 70 Indian Head Cents, small sterling earrings, zinc cents, hot wheels cars, larger aluminum screw caps
70 to 78 Gold $10, modern copper cents, half cents, two cent pieces, small sterling rings and sterling jewelry, hot wheels cars
79 to 81 Gold $20, sterling silver rings, clad or silver dimes
82 to 88 Clad or silver quarters, heavy sterling silver rings, Sacajawea golden dollars, SB Anthony dollars, buried brass sprinkler heads
89 to 92 Clad or silver halves, large cents, buried brass sprinkler heads
93 to 94 Clad Eisenhower or silver dollars, large copper pipes

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Date: August 17, 2011 11:10AM
Rob was MUCH MORE helpful then I was! Thanks for the info Rob!

More complete chart with both Normalized and "Raw" VDI numbers
Posted by: Neil in West Jersey
Date: August 17, 2011 12:02PM
I made a chart last year showing VDI numbers. If you scroll to the left of the chart you will see VDI numbers for 40 different target types using 7 different possible frequency configurations. The chart shows how you can use single frequency to get even more resolution from VDI numbers. I will be updating the chart with oddball denominations (three cent pieces, half dimes, etc) soon.

You will need MS Office or Google Documents to view the sheet. Click Here for the link to the page:

http://neilinwestjersey.webs.com/apps/documents/?&page=2

http://freewebs.com/neilinwestjersey

Posted by: mrm1955
Date: August 17, 2011 01:49PM
Awesome, Thanks Very much everyone. Very helpfull.

I appreciate it:biggrin:

Spectra V3i , Vaquero, Tiger Shark, Ace 350, PP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login