Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: What improvements????
Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: February 11, 2012 12:56PM
Some of the suggestions have been addressed before. The purpose of the post is not to explain why some won't be done so keep on posting.

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Posted by: Dingo Darnell
Date: February 11, 2012 07:12PM
The ability to easily rotate the screen in any direction.

Posted by: jtalley007
Date: February 12, 2012 05:23AM
1) Better shielding on the coils like the old days or whatever it takes to eliminate EMI or whatever plagues most modern digital machines.

This detector has the best depth potential of any modern VLF detector but in a lot of places you can't use this potential.

2) better salt water beach performance like the BBS and FBS circuitry. I know White's can make these things run smoother and deeper on Salt beaches

3) Have a mode with a super fast processor for iron infested sites. White's has the know how and other companies already have this feature.

4)Offer a waterproof version of this improved technology in a Beach Hunter ID case. A waterproof ID pod on top of the handle if possible but if not the ditch the pod and just have the re-tune/pinpoint on the handle.

5) Lighter weight would be great but I would rather have the solid build quality White's is famous for than sacrifice that for a cheaply built plastic machine that would not hold up.

6) better battery life for us that like the boost mode.

Wireless headphones.
Posted by: bfodnes
Date: February 12, 2012 03:06PM
Well, I know they are made and i own a set.

Together with the sunray golds these are the most comfortable sets for me when it comes to fullsize closed sets.

But I want the option to use my neckband phones in the summer ( Ross NXG 05 ) not Koss btw. Or any other brand of phones or earplugs both 3,5 and 6 mm connectors.

I am still convinced even after getting bashed a few years ago that a reciever box using AA batteries will be a good seller for Whites. A small reciever box with both size female connectors that you carry in your chest pocket or any other pocket you might have. OK, you will have wires from your head to your pocket but you will not be connected to the detector by wires.

Then you can use any phone you like.

This reviever can also be set up to recieve signals from a wireless transmitting probe and be programmed to change to the probe signal every time the probe is turned ON and back when it is OFF.

Anyway, thats my contribution.

Regards, Bjorn

Software
Date: February 12, 2012 03:23PM
The V3 is the most versatile and programmable detector ever and will be for some years. However, many give up due to the programming and non understanding of the adjustments involved.

I have the idea of making a " Apple " like software with categories in the menues that the user can set up by themselves. Audio, Disc, Sens, Freq and so on.

After having a few of each categorie saved then they can be put together to a full program by selecting what categories to assemble it from.

Audio-fielduse, Audio-nuggets, Audio-park.. and so on

Sens-fav park, Sens fav field, Sens heavy EMI.. and so on.

I hope you get my point..

regards.

Bjorn

Sorry, wrong placing of post n/t
Date: February 12, 2012 03:25PM
N/T

Talk about cabinfever...:veryangry:

Posted by: iflygreen
Date: February 12, 2012 11:16PM
I wish I had the ability to download programs off of internet or at least be able to manage mine with USB type connection and program. I would pay extra for that ability. I thought I had read somewhere why that wasn't offered. Nitpicking, I have wished the screen was adjustable left or right. Rob, is there one post in particular that addresses why somethings weren't done? I'll add that I like the durable metal electronics box that I associate with Whites. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 11:21PM by iflygreen.

Posted by: magic
Date: February 13, 2012 08:15AM
I have had a few ideas that I have already told Whites about but I will add a few here.
I would like to be able to discriminate out the vid #s by frequency domination.
Example, say you get a quarter hit, pinpoint and it comes up green (2.5) dominate,..it's going to be a quarter.
You get the same hit but it is blue (22.5) dominate, it's going to be a bottle cap.
I would like to be able to go to the vid #s and accept 82-83-84 in green (2.5) only and reject or silence those #s in 7.5 or 22.5.

It would be nice to have a touch screen like the iPad.

I think it would also be nice to have discrimination for depth also. I know they have modulation setting but it's just not the same. I don't want the deep targets to be quieter. I would rather have the ability to say...have no sound for anything 3.5 inches and above.

I also think it would be nice if it had the ability to tell you if it is picking up on two or more objects that are within an inch of each other.

Now for the bizarre! How about a set of sunglasses that shows the screen in the glasses and do away with the pod head completely!
Also it would have built in headphone like the mp3 sunglasses they have out now.

And..for the guy that's looking for ways to make money, make an easy to put on and take off cover that can be customized for the customer such as a name or favorite sports team and so on.

Keep in mind that all these ideas cost money and take up memory in the machine so some things like a clock..just isn't a good feature to add. That's why they make watches and cell phones. Everyone wants something different but I think it's important to stick with things that will make the detector a better tool for detecting as far as being able to better tell what the object is, improve depth, or make it more comfortable for the operator.

I do love the idea of a wireless dx1 type of pinpointer!

Just my two cents...

Indianapolis In.
Whites VISION (V3)
Whites V3i
Whites DFX
Author of METAL DETECTING BOOT CAMP

Posted by: JASONSPAZ1
Date: February 13, 2012 05:42PM
Completely weather proof where you can douse the whole machine with a garden hose or a wave at the beach.

If you walk away from a target still thinking of it. Go back and dig it up!
I currently use a Minelab Sovereign GT.
Detecting for 23 years.

Posted by: Steve1825
Date: February 15, 2012 05:32PM
I miss hip mounting the main box, and adding an extention cable to the coil cord. Sure takes a lot of weight off the arm for long hunts, allowed for larger coil usage and let me extend the rod to the max for wide sweeps.

White's V3i w/12x10 SEF coil & Sun Ray Invader DX-1 Probe, White's Prizm 6T w/Sun Ray Invader PZ-1 Probe, Garrett Ace 250 w/Sun Ray Invader YF-1 Probe, Fisher 1280X for in the water, Fisher 1225X as my seeded hunt machine.

Secretary for PATH, Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club in Illinois.

Purchased my first detector in the spring of 1972 and still going strong.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: February 15, 2012 06:33PM
I don't see any reason why the DFX Hipmount kit would not work on the V3i Steve. I could be wrong.... anybody know anything about this?

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: February 15, 2012 08:36PM
No reason at all. The boxes are the same size.

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

I forgot and on board charger so you don't have to remover the box cover each time
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: February 16, 2012 11:46AM
Maybe have it where you can charge it through the headphone jack or something like that.

I keep my control box covered but like the recharge battery.

I run boost so every hunt I have to take the coil wire off and remover the box cover to get the battery out.

How nice it would be to just leave it on and plug it in with the charger that would shut off when fully charged.

Make a combo charger like the old Sunray that had the car charge plug as part of the whole charge system so you can pull that part off if you are in the car to charge the detector going down the road or refresh it at will.

Re: I forgot and on board charger so you don't have to remover the box cover each time
Posted by: Big Red
Date: February 16, 2012 12:23PM
Jerry out of curiosity, what brand of cover are you using on your v3i?

Posted by: Thound
Date: February 16, 2012 02:51PM
Snap on search coils.What if you ran the search coil conductors thru the shaft and and had male and female plugs at the end of the shaft with a slotted keyway to keep coil from spinning and spring clips to secure coil to shaft.The way we wrap the wire around the shaft all the way to the control box sure looks old-fashioned. You could even put the Patent in my name.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.