Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
etrac to vx3
Posted by: jtermz
Date: May 12, 2015 08:11AM
for you guys that made the switch from etrac to vx3 are you happy you did. I had a prismV and then went to etrac but I keep wondering if I made the right choice

Re: etrac to vx3
Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: May 12, 2015 11:29AM
I have an SE as well as my V3i, each have their place.

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Posted by: undrpar
Date: May 13, 2015 12:04PM
I had the v3i and switched to the etrac..the etrac is great but i missed my v..i did not use all of the features so i just traded my etrac for a new vx3...you will be happy with it..the biggest flaw i found on the etrac was the screen..imho,the v series has the best display hands down..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2015 12:06PM by undrpar.

Posted by: Finderskeeper
Date: July 01, 2015 12:24PM
I owned an E-trac for many years. Thought it was a great detector. Sold it a few years ago to get into water hunting. Had a chance to use a V3i and after that, I was hooked.

The V3i is way more adjustable than the E-trac. I find it also more stable in many cases. Plus I love the fact that I can hunt with discriminate audio in one ear and all metal in the other. The best of both worlds.

Some folks hate the complexity of the V3i and it does take some learning to use it right. The V3i is just able to adjust to so many different hunting situations that the E-trac just could not handle.
I love the complexity of the V3i because it makes the V3i able to hunt where other machines can not. If it came down to it, between the E-trac and the V3i, I chose the V3i because it is just a better all around machine. I just wish they would make the V3i waterproof. Then it would be almost perfect.

Posted by: gabbyhayes
Date: July 01, 2015 01:12PM
I don't have the etrac but I have the CTX. My preference is definitely my V3i, but as Rob stated the minelab machine has its place.
I think a big factor for me is my familiarity with the V3i.
The CTX is very different from either White's or Garrett's and I struggle with t!he terminology and having to learn two totally different TDI or VDI's.
One other issue is that the CTX can't pinpoint Canadian clad if it is near the surface.( Canadian clad is mostly steel)
I don't normally use the CTX to hunt clad ,but $1&$2 coins are very nice to find.

Gabby :canadaflag:

:garrett:GTI 2500 AT PRO ACE 250 Pro Pointer
:whites: V3i Surf PI Pro
:minelab: CTX3030

Posted by: jeremi mann
Date: August 19, 2015 01:21PM
miss my v3i went to a xp deus which is great machine just missed my multi freq.

Posted by: Johnnoh
Date: October 16, 2015 03:06PM
Hummm . . . I was considering an etrac in addition to my V3i. I was thinking of giving up my TDI SL. Now I don't know . . .

Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: October 30, 2015 12:39PM
Traded my v3i for CTX. My v3i would not outshoot my m6. Don't get me wrong, v3i is an excellent unit. If they come out with a multi freq unit I am not afraid to hunt in rain and surf, I'm all over it

Posted by: gldfver
Date: October 30, 2015 10:54PM
I have been around the block with different detectors.
Now i'm back to what suits my style. A New White's V3i.
Glad to have one back...
What ever works for you I say use it...:
super:

Spectrum V3i
Detech 13" Ultimate
SEF 6x8 DD
Eclipse 4x6 DD shooter
Garrett pro pointer
HP 3100 li-ion Battery

Re: etrac to vx3..A more refined approach using the V3i
Posted by: metalpopper
Date: October 31, 2015 04:29AM
Hi gldfver !

I too have a V3 and a V3i as part of my collection, and am presently reviving my interest in refining the V3i's capabilities to suit specific tasks.....such as eliminating pull-tabs or crown-caps. The goal being, to reduce the ratio of such trash, to pre-decimal coinage.
A new patch has appeared on a local shore line of sand dunes, and initially, I want to sweep out as much copper, silver coinage as possible. Later I will modify my settings to look for the heavier gold rings that may be there.
Ultimately, I hope to try and tackle the sorting of lower conductivity gold from as many of the various pull-tabs.

What program is your favorite one, based on?

Matt

Posted by: Advent
Date: November 07, 2015 11:44AM
Me I have owned The Whites V3 since 2009 over here in England.
I have in between those years owned a Minelab SE and the Etrac. and
then the XP Deus from Version 1.1 up to the latest Version of 3.2 software update.
All those are now gone and my trusty Whites V3 upgraded to V3i is still here
with the Stock coil,
My tools are the Whites Eclipse 10x8inch coil ,
Detech SEF 12x10inch coil and last week
I purchased the Shooter 4x6inch small coil...
WHY because I simply love the feel of Whites V3
and I have confidence on the field using her.....

Re: etrac to vx3..A more refined approach using the V3i
Posted by: Advent
Date: November 07, 2015 11:47AM
Matt view my post below.
Advent from. Sunderland

I just love to see the colour of GOLD coming out of the dark earth...

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: November 07, 2015 01:34PM
Advent
Me I have owned The Whites V3 since 2009 over here in England.
I have in between those years owned a Minelab SE and the Etrac. and
then the XP Deus from Version 1.1 up to the latest Version of 3.2 software update.
All those are now gone and my trusty Whites V3 upgraded to V3i is still here
with the Stock coil,
My tools are the Whites Eclipse 10x8inch coil ,
Detech SEF 12x10inch coil and last week
I purchased the Shooter 4x6inch small coil...
WHY because I simply love the feel of Whites V3
and I have confidence on the field using her.....

Whites Eclipse 10x8inch coil

I've never heard of such a beast from Whites.

Posted by: LS hunter
Date: January 12, 2016 08:17PM
I love the vx3 very good depth and like mentioned above it's a very stable detector,, I had the SE pro and I have found that I can run the VX3 with a little more gain with out being unstable in my usual hunting spots..I would like to try a CTX to see how stable they are...

Posted by: KennyD
Date: January 13, 2016 08:30PM
I have a VX3 that I just love. I thought I might be missing out, so I bought an etrac. Ran it for a few months last summer and just hated how dag gone slow the processor was. Display is also awful, to hard to view in direct sunlight. Got rid of it.... Give me my VX3 anyday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login