Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: etrac to vx3
Posted by: MrBranton33
Date: January 13, 2016 09:23PM
I had the etrac and V3i. I ended up selling the etrac to a buddy. The Etrac was a fine machine, and hot on the deep silver, but after I became more experienced with the V3i, I found it could go even deeper. I tested them head to head, and the V3i did better in my ground. The V3i seems to be much better on small gold as well. The adaptability of the V, and the ability to run it very hot in a single frequency was the clincher for me. The one edge I'd give to the etrac is on the wet salt water sand. I haven't had a lot of time to test the V3i there, so I may get it worked out a bit better next time.

Youtube: Carolina Coin Hunter

White's V3i ,MX Sport.MXT All Pro,Fisher F75 ltd 2,Garrett AT Pro, Fisher cz70 Pro,Minelab CTX 3030, & a bunch of dirt stained jeans. Lol :)

Posted by: DFXDon
Date: January 16, 2016 03:27PM
Well I will let you all know as I just made the switch I sold my new ETRAC and got a vX3 coming I just couldn't stand the way it reported finds I am so used to the way White and Garrett do it has that's all I have ever used. The ETRAC is one DEEP machine but I don't dig deep I am a surface hunter coins and jewelry just under the soil etc.
I am way too old to be digging deep for the old stuff
Don

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Posted by: kozman4907
Date: May 20, 2016 06:40AM
I have owned both machines The Etrac is very nice and balanced better then the Whites machines. But I hated the fact it was so slow...... I had to swing slow and it drove me nutz! I also feel that the whites screen and tones sound better. those flute notes got on my nerves.

Now the Etrac did pull out some deep targets but I hunt for fun and to relax, I found myself fighting the Etrac instead of enjoying the hunt. Hence I sold it and went back to Whites. I am waiting for my vx3 aswe speak right now. I am far from an expert these are just my experience with both machines.

Posted by: ArnieTX
Date: May 20, 2016 11:16AM
I have owned both and still have the which I don't use as much as my XP since I relic hunt.

The V3i is a hotrod and can be very temperamental if you do not understand what the machine is telling you after adjustment. I find that in the early days I ran it too hot. It's a fantastic discriminator and is very sensitive and deep. You have to put in a lot of time to get really good with it.

The Etrac is a simple machine to run and will find you good stuff with ease. It is not that good in heavy iron because of it's speed.

If I were only after silver coins I would get the Etrac. If not, the V3i will do that and everything else pretty well.

Arnie from South Texas
XP Deus - Whites V3i - Fisher F75 - Garrett AT Gold - Makro R2 - Tesoro Compadre
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Coin 1882-CC $5 Gold Coin (Texas)
Oldest Silver 1821 Mexican Coin (Texas)
Oldest Coin 1773 Virginia Half Penny (Langley AFB VA)
Best Relic - T. Miller CS Button Alberts #26

Love the history and the hunt but the best is watching my kids make their own finds.

Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: May 29, 2016 01:17PM
Had 3 ctx's and 2 etracs sold them all, love my v3i ! I was more in tune with it than the minelabs.

Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: September 03, 2016 09:48PM
I posted a year ago on this thread about my v3i not out shooting my m6. Anyway ive been thru a dozen units in last two years since trading my v3i on a ctx. Ive finally got hold of another v3i. Been playing with it, ran over an area that I somehow missed nearly $1 in clad. I dont know how I missed it but the preformance of my v3i compared to my first on is a different beast. I like it

Posted by: shelton7522
Date: September 04, 2016 09:51AM
I have 2xV3i XP Deus and analog Vista Smart +. BUT Spectra is my number one. Why? I understand what she talk to me...

Posted by: PostalTwo
Date: September 04, 2016 08:26PM
The ctx is not a good clad machine imo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login