Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: 13 inch detech vs D2
Posted by: MrBranton33
Date: February 01, 2016 07:33PM
I've been using the 13 inch coil for a while now. It seems to separate better than the D2, and it is a lot less prone to EMI in my experience. I've been able to run my sensitivity setting quite a bit higher, and it shows in my test bed.It will hit a 10 inch quarter, 8 inch dime, easy.I need to bury some deeper than that I guess. I have also found some tiny rings with this coil, as well as other very small items. It's a must have IMHO :)

Youtube: Carolina Coin Hunter

White's V3i ,MX Sport.MXT All Pro,Fisher F75 ltd 2,Garrett AT Pro, Fisher cz70 Pro,Minelab CTX 3030, & a bunch of dirt stained jeans. Lol :)

Posted by: jeremi mann
Date: February 01, 2016 10:14PM
Thx.....are you the Carolina coin hunter?'.....if so I love your vids....think I'm ordering tomorrow...hate I missed them on sale a while back..Lol...good hunting to us.

Date: February 02, 2016 08:54PM
Yea, that's me. I'm hoping to get out and do some more videos with the V3i and the Ultimate coil. Thank you for the compliment, and good luck!

White's V3i ,MX Sport.MXT All Pro,Fisher F75 ltd 2,Garrett AT Pro, Fisher cz70 Pro,Minelab CTX 3030, & a bunch of dirt stained jeans. Lol :)

Posted by: PostalTwo
Date: February 02, 2016 09:51PM
Cch in v3i tips part 2 u could show your viewers the v3i getting depth without high RX gain?

Date: February 03, 2016 07:57AM
That's a good idea. I'll put that on my to do list.

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: February 09, 2016 07:43PM
If anyone has compared the 13" ultimate to the 12" x 10" SEF I would like your impressions. Especially if you worked them over a test plot. Not sure if I would be gaining anything with the 13" over my SEF.
HH - Bruce

Posted by: gldfver
Date: February 11, 2016 10:33PM
All I can say is I LOVE my ultimate 13" DD coil.
I took off my 6x8 sef and haven't looked back.
Light , balance is excellent, Great depth & once you set the recovery/delay @ about 95+
I wish I could upload pictures of the pocket spill I found in one of my neighbors lawn last week
1-1951 silver Quarter 2-1967 Quarters and a 1-1952 Nickel.
The flap I cut was 6" across but I knew from the target separate I had a solid 82 on one and then it hit 88 in the same swing
Just 2" apart at 8+" on both.
I have been over these lawns for the last 10 years with XLT,DFX & MXT-Pro
The V3i ROCKS Period
My whole point is if you get the recovery/delay set to the coil and your speed of hunting
Then you to will love it.:whites:

Spectrum V3i
Detech 13" Ultimate
SEF 6x8 DD
Eclipse 4x6 DD shooter
Garrett pro pointer
HP 3100 li-ion Battery

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: February 15, 2016 03:41PM
Ytcoinshooter
If anyone has compared the 13" ultimate to the 12" x 10" SEF I would like your impressions. Especially if you worked them over a test plot. Not sure if I would be gaining anything with the 13" over my SEF.
HH - Bruce

I have both and find the 13" Ultimate to be a bit deeper, by maybe a half of an inch. However, I also find that the 12x10 SEF separates a little better. I usually end up using the 12x10 SEF because I feel the separation advantage is a little more important than absolute depth. That said, the 13" is the one to go for when looking for max depth, say after you've already cleaned up a site with all your other coils and you think there are still some really deep targets left. Both are really great coils. Kudos to White's for offering the 13" Ultimate.

Carolina Coin Hunter, glad you are still liking that V3i! :thumbup: And thanks for all the great videos!

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Detecting since 1980

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 03:45PM by Wayfarer.

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: February 15, 2016 05:30PM
Howdy bubbadirect--

I used the 13" Detech on my last relic hunt and found it to run smooth with no EMI problems. I was operating with 3 frequency, with sensitivities of 11, 65, 85 with RD at 90. I got excellent depth in open ground: dug a spent percussion cap at 8". However, if I bumped mesquite or a cactus it would "talk" to me. That's to be expected, though, with high sensitivity settings. If you need depth, the 13" Ultimate will deliver. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: February 16, 2016 10:49AM
Wayfarer - thank you!

Posted by: simon-nel
Date: February 27, 2016 01:51PM
many like this coil.
It is from Ukraine. Here 12 ". Very strong body.
This coil gives greater depth. You can quickly swing.

Here's a video on youtube :
12 Deep coil for White's Spectra V3i test in the ground 65 cm

Date: March 19, 2016 04:06PM
Good feedback here, thanks!
I ordered the ultimate yesterday and it's on the way to me. I use the V3i to go after deep targets after I've run a couple of other units over a productive spot. I think I will also like the ultimate for farm fields, where coverage matters.
HH - Bruce

The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.
Current Arsenal = V3i - (U13", 10"D2', 6 x 10", 950 concentric, 12" concentric, 12 x 10" SEF, 5.3 Eclipse); Fisher F75 LTD SE, Surf PI Pro w/DF coil, Sea Hunter MK2 - both coils, Sovereign GT - WOT monster, Fisher CZ21 - 10", Excal 2 - 10" GGA's, remote PP; Garrett AT Pro - U13", 8.5" x 11", 5" x 8" & GGA phones.
Digging goodies since 1986.

Posted by: bubbadirect
Date: March 19, 2016 04:16PM
Ytcoinshooter, the best thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE on the ultimate coil, it its' SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT!

bubba

Ytcoinshooter
I ordered the ultimate yesterday and it's on the way to me. I use the V3i to go after deep targets after I've run a couple of other units over a productive spot. I think I will also like the ultimate for farm fields, where coverage matters.
HH - Bruce

"WHEN IN DOUBT, DIG IT OUT!"
SOLD...Whites v3i with 6x10 & 13 inch Detech coil
SOLD...Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Package
MINELAB 4800 GPX with Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack 《~~~~~My favorite machine of all time
Whites TRX Pinpointer
DETECTOR PRO Jolly Rogers Headphones
White's XLT Spectrum 1st edition
Garrett ProPointer

Posted by: bubbadirect
Date: March 19, 2016 04:19PM
OUTSTANDING information BLIND SQUIRREL!

bubba

"WHEN IN DOUBT, DIG IT OUT!"
SOLD...Whites v3i with 6x10 & 13 inch Detech coil
SOLD...Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Package
MINELAB 4800 GPX with Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack 《~~~~~My favorite machine of all time
Whites TRX Pinpointer
DETECTOR PRO Jolly Rogers Headphones
White's XLT Spectrum 1st edition
Garrett ProPointer

Date: March 19, 2016 05:53PM
bubbadirect
Ytcoinshooter, the best thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE on the ultimate coil, it its' SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT!

bubba
The light weight is a huge thing when coil sizes start increasing. I have always been a Whites :usaflag: guy first. The V is an outstanding unit with patience and understanding gained from experience. The V is my flagship, my other land units are important to me as "role players" so I'm usually out with 2 or 3 different brands in my vehicle.
This Ultimate coil should be fun and I'll report back once I get some time in the field with it.
Thank you all for posting honest impressions.
HH - Bruce

Ytcoinshooter
HH - Bruce

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login