Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
13 inch detech vs D2
Posted by: bubbadirect
Date: June 20, 2015 07:07PM
First of all, is it worth it? :surrender: I'm in the market for a v3i with wireless setup, or the french detector with 11 inch coil.

I had the orginal v3 spectra back in 2010, and sold it (big mistake), so now I want to purchase one again. But from what I have read from others, is this...I hear that the newer detech 13 inch ultimate is better for the EMI issues (that used to plague my original v3) vs the stock coil, the D2. Soooooooo, is the 13 inch better for EMI rejection, and depth, for relic hunting? Any input as to a yay or nay, on this comment and thought process? Better depth for vdi acknowledgement and/or depth overall in AMM or mixed mode?

Thank you, bubba

"WHEN IN DOUBT, DIG IT OUT!"
SOLD...Whites v3i with 6x10 & 13 inch Detech coil
SOLD...Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Package
MINELAB 4800 GPX with Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack 《~~~~~My favorite machine of all time
Whites TRX Pinpointer
DETECTOR PRO Jolly Rogers Headphones
White's XLT Spectrum 1st edition
Garrett ProPointer

Re: 13 inch detech vs D2
Posted by: alex74
Date: June 21, 2015 04:52AM
the 13" ultimate coil is way better in any aspect you mentionned.

Posted by: gabbyhayes
Date: June 22, 2015 11:38AM
I too prefer the ultimate coil for all the same reasons....it's just better at everything!

Gabby :canadaflag:

:garrett:GTI 2500 AT PRO ACE 250 Pro Pointer
:whites: V3i Surf PI Pro
:minelab: CTX3030

Posted by: dktucson
Date: July 03, 2015 01:00AM
What coil in the menue is every one using for the new 13 incn d tech

Posted by: rivergold
Date: July 06, 2015 09:36PM
You need this coil. As good as the V is , it's so much better with this new coil. Go get your self one . You will be very happy you did.

Date: July 06, 2015 09:55PM
Oh I got it and love it. For many reasons now!

MINELAB 4800 GPX with Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack 《~~~~~My favorite machine of all time
Whites TRX Pinpointer
Garrett ProPointer

Posted by: Hdnsouth
Date: July 10, 2015 07:28PM
dktucson
Good question if you get an answer let me know I just ordered the Detech 13" today and figured I'd call White's the Super 12" is concentric so the 10" DD would be closest but not sure.

Posted by: JP66
Date: July 12, 2015 09:55AM
Bubba.
I purchased mine a few weeks ago and it does a great job. Hit some items as deep as 10 inches. I enjoy swinging the coil.
On another note...Someone posted on Facebook that if you have the Detech 13" for the V3i set the coil setting to the 12" coil option then "Reset" the V3i? Not sure what he meant by that.
I asked him to expand but no response.
Any ideas?

Date: July 12, 2015 11:56AM
WELL yesterday I spent almost the entire day, LITERALLY, fine tuning and experimenting with 2 setups. 1 for CW relic hunting and 2 for deep coins with little feedback. I can say that the deep coin program is quiet! I am trying my best to duplicate our deep relic settings from the XLT to the v3i, and so far I am very impressed. Shell frags are being air tested 3-4 inches deeper minimum.

Now I know that air testing is totally different then real world hunting and detecting. But I am super excited nonetheless.

Bubba

Ps, I had the best results with setting the 13 inch detech ultimate coil, by setting the coil setting to the D2 , instead of the 12 super coil. At least this is what I have found yesterday while testing. So far...

Hdnsouth
dktucson
Good question if you get an answer let me know I just ordered the Detech 13" today and figured I'd call White's the Super 12" is concentric so the 10" DD would be closest but not sure.

Whites TRX Pinpointer
Garrett ProPointer

Date: July 12, 2015 07:56PM
Very cool Bubba.
I will continue to tweak my machine too. :) I will try the D2 setting. I tried the 12" last week and it seemed ok. I was working in the Stereo Mixed Mode. I like the different tones in the left & right ears.
Best of luck.
JP

Date: July 12, 2015 09:09PM
JP, I'm also using the stereo mixed mode on my relic program. I am anxiously awaiting some cooler temps and cut grasses/plowed fields before hitting our CW relic honey holes. :-)

Bubba

JP66
Very cool Bubba.
I will continue to tweak my machine too. :) I will try the D2 setting. I tried the 12" last week and it seemed ok. I was working in the Stereo Mixed Mode. I like the different tones in the left & right ears.
Best of luck.
JP

Whites TRX Pinpointer
Garrett ProPointer

Date: July 13, 2015 07:32AM
Very cool Bubba!!! Go Get'm!!!!

Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: July 13, 2015 05:20PM
The coil settings on the V3i have no effect on how well the coil works. All the settings do is to attempt to give a more correct depth reading. The wrong coil setting will either make you think the V is getting deeper or make you believe the V is not getting as deep as usual.

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Date: July 13, 2015 07:04PM
Thanks Rob. That makes sense now...

Rob (IL)
The coil settings on the V3i have no effect on how well the coil works. All the settings do is to attempt to give a more correct depth reading. The wrong coil setting will either make you think the V is getting deeper or make you believe the V is not getting as deep as usual.

Whites TRX Pinpointer
Garrett ProPointer

Posted by: jeremi mann
Date: February 01, 2016 06:06PM
I too am looking at the 13 to pick up coverage ....if it separates as well as the 10" I'm in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login