Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
V3i for Prospecting ???
Posted by: St Bernard
Date: February 24, 2016 10:35AM
How does the V3i do for gold prospecting. I realize it is no GMT detector for gold prospecting. If anyone knows is the MXT all PRO better for prospecting than the V3i ??? Thanks
-------------------
Bill :whites: :usaf:

Re: V3i for Prospecting ???
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: February 24, 2016 11:59AM
Howdy St. Bernard--

I haven't yet had the chance to try my V3i or any detector for that matter at gold prospecting. However, I have a geologist friend that has quite a collection of gold nuggets, ranging in size from BB to 1 oz. I had the opportunity to test the response in the pre-set prospecting program and I was impressed by both the audio and VDI responses. The "test" consisted of placing individual nuggets on the ground and swinging the coil above them. The distance from coil to nugget, I thought was good. At this point I can't say how it would perform in actual hunting conditions - mineralized soil.

I also tested my V3i on his collection of meteorites, using the meteorite program, and it did very well. His stony meteorites, though, the response was very weak.

Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Re: V3i for Prospecting ???
Posted by: perchdoctor
Date: March 02, 2016 08:48PM
I plan to run the prospecting program on the search for gold this summer, does anyone have any VDI numbers I should be looking for when detecting and how deep can I expect for small gold.

western ,South Dakota

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login