Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Has anybody Experienced this sound?
Posted by: namron13
Date: February 29, 2016 05:21PM
I received my V3i back from the factory they changed the circuit board and replaced my Eclipse Shooter "DD" (4x6) the problem I had was I only had a white screen when I would power the unit up. now works fine, I took my v3i :detecting: out yesterday for a couple of hrs. I was in the coin mode and coin and jewelry mode Now I can hear (RRRRRRRR) if anybody remembers how the old Rotary phones sounded like when you dialed this is what I hear in my wireless headphones now when I swing? Any suggestions

White's Spectra 3Vi
AT Gold
AT PRO
Ace 250,
Garrett Pro-Pointer.
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Re: Has anybody Experienced this sound?
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: February 29, 2016 07:04PM
Howdy namron13--

I remember the old rotary phones for sure. What I would do first would be to turn off the threshhold and see if you still get the noise. If you don't get the noise, then you can adjust the the threshhold tone.

If you still get that noise every time you swing the coil, it could be that your sensitivities are too high. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: March 01, 2016 11:42AM
Change channels on your headphones and see if that helps.
HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Posted by: cypearl
Date: April 09, 2016 03:42AM
Is that an overload tone.?

Posted by: gabbyhayes
Date: April 10, 2016 10:09AM
Sounds like the threshold tone to me. Did you have the threshold tone turned on before?
You can also adjust the frequency of that tone so it might be different from your previous machine.
Have you tried restoring the C&j program to default?
The only other thing that comes to mind, is some sort of mixed mode audio????

Gabby :canadaflag:

:garrett:GTI 2500 AT PRO ACE 250 Pro Pointer
:whites: V3i Surf PI Pro
:minelab: CTX3030

Posted by: NMchaser
Date: April 11, 2016 11:50AM
Check all basic things. Voltage, trigger, sensitivity, change coil, program, location (60 cycle emi hum), coil connection. Open case to see if electrical connectors are fully seated. Maybe reseat them also. Shipping is not gentle to the V3i. Lots of things to eliminate.

Posted by: namron13
Date: April 16, 2016 08:28PM
Thanks everyone for all your input but nothing seemed to have worked, So this morning I was out :detecting: and that sound just drove me nuts and not giving out good signals :thumbdown: so I sat down on the park bench and enjoying the spring weather and trying to figure out this V3i went through all the program choices on the unit and on the bottom list RESTORE I said what the heck lets restore each program one by one which I did and bingo the unit was back and beeping away :clapping: now I'm a happy :detecting: as you can see this was all my recovery this morning.

Spectra is now working fantastic..
thanks everyone happy hunting.

Posted by: UncleTom
Date: April 16, 2016 10:31PM
Good to see you back in the swing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login