Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Latest finds from Virginia
Posted by: MSG Hoff
Date: March 11, 2016 01:10PM
Spent 2 1/2 days in Virginia relic hunting. The back of the property was too wet to hunt so the area was restricted to about a 100' x 500'. Still managed to pull up 46 bullets and the 1800 large cent.

I was using the new 13" Detech coil and was looking for a particular bullet...a .44 caliber Colt with extractor marks. I found 4 of these .44 caliber Colt bullets about 5 years ago. Then the fifth bullet about 3 years ago and finally the 6th one on this trip. The twisted tops are extraction marks. They were all found in the same 20 foot radius. It was deeper and eluded the 10DD and the 10x13SEF coils.

The 3 bullets on the left are Colt Army Early Model and the three on the right are Colt Army New Model. Either the soldier pulled all six out of one revolver or two revolvers were involved which could account for the different type of bullets (although both could be fired in the same revolver). I guess another theory is that a gunsmith was working on Colt revolvers in that general area.

.54 and .58 rifle muskets, .52 Sharps carbine, .54 Merrill's carbine, .50 Smith carbine, .44 Bartholow, .44 Colt, and .36 Colt. The bullet on the bottom left appears to have been fired with the ramrod in the barrel.

Re: Latest finds from Virginia
Posted by: DJB_78_0844
Date: March 11, 2016 05:52PM
Great finds MSgt!

Posted by: texjim
Date: March 14, 2016 03:28PM
Sweet finds.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: March 14, 2016 04:25PM
:clapping:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: March 18, 2016 03:20PM
Awesome - love the detailed info. Just ordered my 13" ultimate today.
HH - Bruce

Posted by: bubbadirect
Date: March 19, 2016 04:17PM
Freaking GORGEOUS FINDS!

bubba

"WHEN IN DOUBT, DIG IT OUT!"
SOLD...Whites v3i with 6x10 & 13 inch Detech coil
SOLD...Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Package
MINELAB 4800 GPX with Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack 《~~~~~My favorite machine of all time
Whites TRX Pinpointer
DETECTOR PRO Jolly Rogers Headphones
White's XLT Spectrum 1st edition
Garrett ProPointer

Posted by: MSG Hoff
Date: March 20, 2016 07:59AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Ytcoinshooter...you will really like the 13" coil!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login