Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
V3 upgrade
Posted by: petew
Date: March 19, 2016 03:37PM
Ive never owned a whites v rated machine,and had a question.if I bought a v3x could I get it upgraded at anytime,and if so how much is the upgrade?..I have a Irish etrac now,but if it don't workout,I was wondering about the v3 upgrade,I see a few for sale.And one more question,is the v3i just as heavy as a etrac,or is it better balanced,for those of you that have both

Re: V3 upgrade
Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: March 19, 2016 06:01PM
To my understanding the VX3 doesn't get the software update, not designed to be a V3i.
But if you have an older Vision or V3 that can be brought up to the software release the V3i runs. As for ergonomics Whites wins, service, whites wins...same goes for adjustability in the field. I know guys who are quite happy having the etrac and the V3i to enjoy the strengths of each.
Hope this helps re the upgrade question.

Posted by: PostalTwo
Date: March 19, 2016 06:36PM
I agree .. if u have a vx3 it will allways be a vx3 ,and cannot be made a v3i. If u have a v3 it can get the I upgrade. I don't own an etrac but nice can tell u the v is very well balanced

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2016 06:39PM by PostalTwo.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: March 19, 2016 07:01PM
Good advise given already and I use both machines. I think the weight is about the same on both units but the V3i is far better balanced. I can hunt all day with the V3i but only a couple of hours with the E-Trac before my shoulder starts hurting.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: petew
Date: March 19, 2016 07:06PM
Thanks for the info,I'll be looking for a v3i then....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login