Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Starting with a BANG.
Posted by: Steve1825
Date: March 23, 2016 04:12PM
Had the day off so I went to a local Park to get some exercise. I don't skip large signals next to trees so I dug this one. A 22 caliber revolver with serial number across the but. Police Captain was happy to recover it and thanked me. He said it wasn't in the ground too long as he was able to rotate the cylinder with distinctive clicks. Although it looks abandoned I am still glad to get it off the streets.

White's V3i w/12x10 SEF coil & Sun Ray Invader DX-1 Probe, White's Prizm 6T w/Sun Ray Invader PZ-1 Probe, Garrett Ace 250 w/Sun Ray Invader YF-1 Probe, Fisher 1280X for in the water, Fisher 1225X as my seeded hunt machine.

Member of Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club in Illinois.

Purchased my first detector in the spring of 1972, slowing down but still having fun.

Re: Starting with a BANG.
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: March 24, 2016 03:32PM
Way cool find!

If no one claims it do you get it back?

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Posted by: Wheat Cent
Date: March 24, 2016 04:21PM
Mike Hillis
Way cool find!

If no one claims it do you get it back?

HH
Mike

Probably not as it is likely a criminals gun, as they toss them

Posted by: Steve1825
Date: March 24, 2016 05:11PM
Captain said it was probably stolen and will go back to the original owner after he checks the serial number.

White's V3i w/12x10 SEF coil & Sun Ray Invader DX-1 Probe, White's Prizm 6T w/Sun Ray Invader PZ-1 Probe, Garrett Ace 250 w/Sun Ray Invader YF-1 Probe, Fisher 1280X for in the water, Fisher 1225X as my seeded hunt machine.

Member of Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club in Illinois.

Purchased my first detector in the spring of 1972, slowing down but still having fun.

Posted by: Explorer
Date: March 25, 2016 06:46PM
Haven't seen one of those since my gunsmith days. It is missing some parts: front sight and cylinder pin for sure and probably broke off. RG pistols were junk when new and a favorite of city gangs due to price.

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." and "Keep digging till you drop!"

Detectors.... V3i 6-2013, DFX 12-2005, Spectrum XLT (2015-for loaner) and Spectrum Eagle 6-1992 (retired).

Posted by: amberjack
Date: May 07, 2016 06:30PM
wow 12.95 I would be scared it would blow up in my face amazing !!

AJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login