Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Sterling USN Ring...
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: May 23, 2016 01:48PM
Howdy--

My buddy shaffer44 and I were trying to find a lot to detect yesterday and I drove in the area of my Meals-On Wheels route. Shaffer44 also delivers meals on this route on alternate days. This route is in a very old part of town. We passed by one of the meals recipients and I noticed that she was outside. I said: There is Mrs. H, let's stop and say hi." We visited for a while and then she invited us to detect her yard and to keep whatever we find. I knew that this site had potential because I had hunted it about 15 years ago. Fifteen years ago the entire block was vacant and had several foundations that I had hunted and found Barber and Mercury dimes and plenty of wheat cents and other goodies.

I was using the 9" White's Spider coil on my V3i and decided to swing the coil between the curb and the row of cactus that Mrs. H had planted. I dug some scrap copper, a 1955-D wheat cent and then I got a solid 89-91 vdi reading that pinpointed green at 4". It pinpointed small and my hopes were a silver half. I was not at all disappointed to see this U.S.N. 12.1 gram Sterling Silver ring. I volunteer for Hospice and one of the patients that I visit was an officer on an Ocean Going Tug during WW2 in the Pacific. I believe that this ring will have a new home.

Sorry about the quality of the scan. The ring does not sit well on my scanning bed. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Re: Sterling USN Ring...
Posted by: shafer44
Date: May 23, 2016 10:53PM
Good going, Blind Squirrel. he only let me find a memorial here. He got a little more lenient at the next lot though and let me find a 45S wheat......but no silver

Retired and "diggin' it"

Detectors: V3i (6-21-2013) 2nd V3i (11-15-2015)
coils: 4x6 eclipse, 6x10 eclipse, 9" spider eclipse, 10" D2, 13" Detech
Sunray DX-1 inline and Whites TRX pinpointers

Posted by: shafer44
Date: May 31, 2016 07:11PM
We are just going to have to get a better picture for you of that ring, it is a hunk.

Retired and "diggin' it"

Detectors: V3i (6-21-2013) 2nd V3i (11-15-2015)
coils: 4x6 eclipse, 6x10 eclipse, 9" spider eclipse, 10" D2, 13" Detech
Sunray DX-1 inline and Whites TRX pinpointers

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: May 31, 2016 07:50PM
Thanks shafer44. It is quite a ring and my scan does not do it justice. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login