Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Screen Locks up
Posted by: hrefab
Date: May 25, 2016 02:14PM
I've read others talk about having the V3i screen lock up and in addition to all the little gremlins that have plagued me through two V3i Machines (in the space of 3 months), I can now add this malfunction to the list. So has anyone determined what causes the machine to totally lock up? The only cure being to remove the battery and reinsert it. I'm not even going to get annoyed at the machine, it's not worth my time, but I am curious as to why this freeze up happens. I was using the machine with a 950 eclipse coil and went to change recovery delay and that is when the machine locked up. Full battery, Properly ground balanced, standard Coin&Jewelry program, no tricky add ons. etc.

Re: Screen Locks up........Is this an upgraded V3 ?N/T
Posted by: metalpopper
Date: September 17, 2016 09:43AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Screen Locks up
Posted by: shelton7522
Date: September 19, 2016 02:21PM
Weird symptoms... try to check your battery connectors and try other battery pack... first.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: September 19, 2016 06:22PM
It could be an oxidized ribbon connector. Open up the display pod, pull the ribbon connector off and reinsert. Worth the try.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: burlbark
Date: September 23, 2016 12:10PM
I had mine lock up several dozen times. I reseated all my connectors and my ground leads and it never happened again. One of the techs told me some years back that its a ribbon cable that needs to be re-seated. I have been hunting a couple times a month but have lost some of the bug waiting for a new Whites machine.....:detecting:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login