Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Anybody besides me get program happy?
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: September 16, 2016 11:12AM
I find myself getting program happy.

Creating stuff like "TinyGoldVCO" for hunting stuff in the -30 to +5 range (normalized). Getting to where my evenings are involved in custom creations, tones, displays, disc patterns, etc.

I'm not very good at it yet, still have trouble getting things to change correctly but I'm slowly working it out, bit by bit.

Kind of fun. Better than TV.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****

*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Re: Anybody besides me get program happy?
Posted by: PostalTwo
Date: September 16, 2016 01:12PM
I have a few programs set for sites that are drastically different from everything else . Most of the time I'm just using the same program and tweak as I got

Posted by: KindManTall
Date: September 16, 2016 01:32PM
Still learning my machine about the only changes I have done is the recovery delay (45 in Hi-Pro ~ 60 in coin / jewelry
And turn pinpoint VCO on in coin and coin / jewelry programs ..

Thanks

White's = MXT Pro ~ DFX 300 ~ VX3
Garrett = AT Pro ~ AT Gold

Posted by: shelton7522
Date: September 17, 2016 02:38AM
Try mixed mode.

Posted by: N9WA
Date: November 10, 2016 12:04PM
Makes me wish that White's would introduce a wireless USB dongle that could connect to the V3i for quick copying of programs!

Tesoro: Cortes
White's: XLT | TreasurePro | MXT Pro | MX Sport | VX3 | V3i

Posted by: WyoTrex
Date: November 13, 2016 10:53AM
Initially I tried setting up multiple programs and found the need to modify too many setting on the fly to gain performance as conditions change. I've tailored tones and discrimination to my liking and adjust sensitivity, filters, transmit freq & recovery delay on the fly to adjust for conditions and coil in use on the fly.

Minelab owns the patent for data fransfer
Posted by: ArizFlash
Date: November 16, 2016 10:23AM
It was Whites intention to have update capabilities on the Vision - V3 but Minelab owns the patent for updating metal detectors via data transfering devies by end users. That is why Minelab is suing XP Detectors because of thede use of usb updating by end users.

See this link on Steve Herschbach's Detector Prospector forum - http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/

link to the patent document. http://www.google.com/patents/US7310586

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 10:43AM by ArizFlash.

Re: Minelab owns the patent for data fransfer
Posted by: lytle78
Date: November 16, 2016 12:37PM
Whites rolled over when threatned with a suit - XP will have to decide whether to fight it.

Rick Kempf

Re: Minelab owns the patent for data transfer
Posted by: voorhees231
Date: February 25, 2017 09:40PM
We just need to hang out for a while and let the Minelab company self destruct. Then and only then Whites can move forward with this idea of updating via USB. Just seeing all of Minelab's distribution and manufacturing facilities closing in the USA leads me to believe that they are going down fast.

Whites V3i, MX Sport, M6, 10" DD, 9.5, 5.3 Concentric. Whites TRX, Detector Pro Pistol Probe. Oldest Coin 1854 Seated Dime.

Re: Minelab owns the patent for data transfer
Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: February 26, 2017 03:18PM
voorhees231
We just need to hang out for a while and let the Minelab company self destruct. Then and only then Whites can move forward with this idea of updating via USB. Just seeing all of Minelab's distribution and manufacturing facilities closing in the USA leads me to believe that they are going down fast.

They are far from closing they sell more machines than any other company. Heck when it comes to beach hunting rh Excalibur is the gold standard. Nobody else makes a machine that's as good. Mine of course is a bit better as it's a Irish excal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login