Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Last 2 Hunts...
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: November 19, 2016 03:43PM
Howdy--

My friend Kenneth and I decided to take a road trip to a town about 50 miles away. We found a lot that had an old boarded-up building and plenty of huntable ground on it. After we secured permission from the owner to hunt the lot we got our V's out and began to hunt . My first signal was the 1963-D Washington Quarter. Good start! I followed that find with smome memorials and clad. Then found a spot where I dug a few Wheat Cents. In one of the holes I dug a 1939 Wheat Cent and when I re-checked the hole with my pinpointer I discovered the 1943 steel cent. Although the 1943 is not a rare coin it IS a rare find due to the VDI range that it hits at. Just as I dug the 1943, a truck pulled up on the lot. It was a lady who asked "What are you doing? ? and "This is private property!" When I explained that we have permission from the owner Mr. X, she said that's her husband.Then she made a call on her cell phone and then said that we had hunted there long enough and had 10 minets to get off of the property. I guess I know who wears the pants in that family!! hahah We quickly packed our gear and left. We found another lot to hunt and with clad and memorials I dug the 1961-D Roosevelt.

On my next hunt we found an abandoned house that was not to overgrown. I dug 11 Wheat Cents - the oldest a 1927 and over $3 in clad. The best find there was the 1963-D Franklin Half. With the weather cooling off, I hope to get out swinging the coil a bit more often. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Re: Last 2 Hunts...
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: November 21, 2016 09:40AM
Sounds like a very fun day!
Love the Benjamin.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****

*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Posted by: nalc472
Date: November 21, 2016 01:16PM
Nice half. Not found a Benj yet.

Date: January 15, 2017 12:41PM
Thanks Mike. It WAS a fun day. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: January 15, 2017 12:45PM
Thanks nalc472. Keep swinging the coil at older home sites and you WILL dig one. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: sddavid
Date: March 09, 2017 03:02PM
Like that half...

Posted by: voorhees231
Date: March 11, 2017 04:12PM
That husband probably got a butt chewing when she got in the house. LOL

Whites V3i, MX Sport, M6, 10" DD, 9.5, 5.3 Concentric. Whites TRX, Detector Pro Pistol Probe. Oldest Coin 1854 Seated Dime.

Date: March 19, 2017 03:24PM
Thanks, sddavid! Most of the silver halves that I have dug are Walking Liberty. I've only dug 4 Franklin's in the last 3 three years. It is ALWAYS a treat to see a silver half in the bottom of the hole. Best of luck to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: March 19, 2017 03:26PM
Voorhees231, I think that you are right. Poor guy!! hahah Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login