Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Mixed Mode Pro on the V3i ?
Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: January 09, 2017 10:49PM
Happy New Year everyone. I have a question running the mixed mode pro. When running a coin or anything not iron I thought all tones comes from right ear. And it does make the tone sound but the left ear has a like short vco low zip sound. Is this normal ? Also I tried changing the tones to be higher sound but for some reason can't . Can someone tell me what's the operation of this mode. Can tones be changed in this mode. Thanks for any info. GS

Re: Mixed Mode Pro on the V3i ?
Date: January 10, 2017 09:43PM
Anyone ?

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: January 11, 2017 09:44AM
I'm sorry Ground Scanner, but I run the V3 and it doesn't have stereo mixed mode.

Do you have the Advanced Book by Carl Moreland? It has an audio section that will help.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****

*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Date: January 11, 2017 08:48PM
Thanks Mike, I will have to find the book and check it out. GS

Posted by: Boonyman
Date: January 13, 2017 11:33AM
Hi GroundScanner
The sounds you are hearing in MMP are normal. The left phone in your case is the all metal channel picking up all metal in the ground, it will be a vco sound. If you have vco unchecked in all metal it will sound like a lightsaber depending how you have it set. Sounds in all metal are adjustable. The right phone is your discriminate side and will sound off a tone for all vdi you have accepted in Discrimimnation. These tones also are adjustable to however you like them.

Audio > Tone > VCO Threshold = can change sound of all metal side, left phone
Audio > Stereo Mixed > VCO = checked will sound like vco, unchecked will sound like lightsaber in left phone depending on your setting
Audio > Tone > VDI Tones > Custom > Edit = you can set any tone for any vdi or turn off a tone for any vdi, right phone

I use Expert Menu to do all these settings. Great thing about the V3i is that you can change so many settings to your liking.
In MMP go into Audio > Tone > VDI Tones > Custom > Edit and you will see by scrolling all vdis and tones and they are all adjustable by using the scrolling arrows on the v3i dashboard. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck !!

Date: January 13, 2017 09:08PM
Boonyman, thank you very much. I will look at this tomorrow. :thumbup: GS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2017 09:09PM by GroundScanner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login