Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: First time out with new V3I
Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: February 26, 2017 11:52PM
UncleTom
5900_XL-1
Trance
Most of the detecting I do is in parks so I'm definitely going to get the coil. Just having a hard time spending $150 on a battery. I'm going to think about it for another day and probably pull the trigger tomorrow. It looks like it's going to warm up next week and be in the 60's by the weekend. Can't wait.

I bought a custom Lithium pack,made in the Easter block of Europe, takes 3 18650 batteries, for $27 shipped. Total after getting the batteries around $50. It gives me 20 hours. I could get more run time if I'd elected to get 3.4V batts. Mine are 3.0V. Fantastic pack for the money!
What charger do you use?

My batteries came with a charger.

Posted by: Trance
Date: February 28, 2017 06:46PM
Ordered the coil and battery yesterday. Hopefully the coil will show up by the end of the week so I can try it out. It's snowing right now but temps are supposed to be in the mid 60's by the weekend.

Date: March 04, 2017 12:42PM
It warmed up and I was able to get out for a couple hours this morning. I found a bunch of coins and a 10k gold ring with diamonds. I'm pretty stoked. Not sure how much the ring is worth but I may have paid for my detector in the two times I've taken it out.When I got home the Detech 13" Ultimate was sitting on the front porch. Guess what I'll be doing first thing tomorrow morning?

Nice job !
Posted by: therover
Date: March 04, 2017 04:19PM
Put that 13 inch Ultimate on the V3i, load up the Deep Silver program and swing really slow in areas where you think older silver coins are hiding.

When you hear that high tone squeak slow down and investigate. It starts repeating that high tone...dig it.

Re: Nice job !
Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: March 04, 2017 08:36PM
therover
Put that 13 inch Ultimate on the V3i, load up the Deep Silver program and swing really slow in areas where you think older silver coins are hiding.

When you hear that high tone squeak slow down and investigate. It starts repeating that high tone...dig it.

Good to know I'm going to be getting a v3i soon

Date: March 05, 2017 11:01AM
Went out for 1-1/2 hours this morning with the new coil. Found some coins but nothing special. I think it's going to take a little getting used to. The depth doesn't seem as accurate as the D2 and it's a little tougher to pinpoint which is to be expected since it's a larger coil. I'm sure once I get out and use it more I'll adjust and get used to it. I do like how much more ground you can cover and it felt a lot less nose heavy.

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: March 06, 2017 09:16AM
Sweet Ring! :jump:

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Date: March 06, 2017 08:46PM
I got out of detecting for about 3-4 years and just recently got back into it. This was the first gold ring since I started back up and it was pretty exciting finding it. I've found a few gold rings in the past but this one is the nicest so far. Hopefully the lucky streak will stay alive and I'll find another one next weekend.

Date: March 07, 2017 07:44PM
The RNB battery pack showed up today and I just installed it. The detector definitely feels lighter with the new coil and battery. I'm going to have to try and get out during lunch tomorrow and do a little detecting.

Posted by: sddavid
Date: March 09, 2017 02:52PM
Nice bunch of finds there.

Date: March 11, 2017 12:25PM
Took the V3I out early this morning before it started snowing. Made a few nice finds including another gold ring and a silver earring. I am really impressed with this detector.

Great job my friend
Posted by: therover
Date: March 11, 2017 12:47PM
You and the V3i are clicking. That's always a good thing. Keep up the great work.

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: March 19, 2017 04:23PM
Trance, you are doing GREAT! I see in one of your posts that you have dug an Ike $! In over 30 years of detecting, I've yet to dig one of those. Congratulations! Keep up the good work! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: March 19, 2017 07:29PM
Thanks Blind Squirrel. I dug it in a really trashy area of an old park. I was getting hits about every 6 inches and it rang out land and clear. Decided to take my other detector out this weekend and give it a try with the new update. It's a nice detector but I really think the V3I is my favorite. The V3I is just fun to detect with because of all the information it gives. Might have to get rid of the other one and just concentrate on trying to master the V3I.

Date: March 25, 2017 04:11PM
I was able to get out detecting for a few hours this morning and found another ring. It's 14k with diamonds. I can't believe the number of gold rings I've found with the V3I in the past month or so. This machine is a gold magnet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login