Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Polar Plot
Posted by: Architex
Date: March 19, 2017 01:38PM
I have detected with a DFX for years and now have a V3i. I know about trusting target ID (dig everything) but I have a question about the (new to me) polar plot. Do you trust it when it shows a target as a big "ball of string"? Using standard coil and Hi Pro program.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2017 01:50PM by Architex.

Re: Polar Plot
Posted by: sddavid
Date: March 19, 2017 02:58PM
For me, I guess it depends on how much junk there is in the area you are hunting at any given time---but I go more with target sound. Just my way.

Tesoro Golden umax
Fisher 1280X
White's Coinmaster
White's CoinPro
White's V3i
Whites Coinmaster Classic III
White's Classic II SL

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: March 19, 2017 04:17PM
Howdy Architex--

I've used the DFX for years too - and still use it occasionally. With my V3i, although I've tried Polar Plot, I prefer the preset 3 bars indicating target strength of frequency. It's much easier on my old eyes and less confusing. As you become more familiar with your V3i, you will NEVER dig another bottle cap - unless you want to. Solid VDI hits in the 84-86 range that pinpoint with 22.5 dominant will invariably be bottle caps or similar trash items. Also, bear in mind that only smaller gold jewelery and $1 gold coins will pinpoint with 22.5 dominant. From $2.5 gold to $10 U.S. gold will pinpoint with 7.5 dominant and $20 gold will pinpoint with 2.5 dominant. Larger gold rings and other large gold jewelery will also pinpoint with 7.5 dominant. I hope that this helps you. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting !
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Architex
Date: March 19, 2017 05:27PM
Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login